Just updated my Mac computer to the new macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, I am letting all of you be aware..

JeffLang974

Just updated my Mac computer to the new macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, I am letting all of you be aware that if you use Axe-Edit through midi control to control your AXE-III. It will not work!!!! Some Midi drivers are not available for the macOS. The only way to get Axe-Edit to talk to Axe-III is through the USB connector. I just want to give this shout...

Last edited:
In other words, your 5-pin MIDI interface has no drivers for Big Sur? If so, that's a problem with your interface. I think your statement "will not work" is overstated.

I can't imagine why anyone would use Axe Edit without a USB connection.

In other words, your 5-pin MIDI interface has no drivers for Big Sur? If so, that's a problem with your interface. I think your statement "will not work" is overstated.

I can't imagine why anyone would use Axe Edit without a USB connection.
My friend set up my rig and at the time I did not know he used a midi connection, not USB...

My friend set up my rig and at the time I did not know he used a midi connection, not USB...
Use a USB port on your computer to connect. If they are all taken, buy an inexpensive hub. The communication through USB is at least an order of magnitude faster. I was blown away at how fast it is with axe edit. It's the only way to go.

Many midi drivers automatically take over Port 1 and hog all 16 channels, unless you tell them otherwise, and will forget the simplest of instructions of where to go and which side of the road to use when a new OS is installed. It may come down to reconfiguring the Midi assignments. Or make 'em take the USB Bus and be reliably class compliant. Many proprietary drivers are not yet functional in OS 11 and developers are working as fast as they can on their updates. Big Sur is a new OS for the new M1 processors: OS 11, not just another progressive upgrade to OS 10. I would be surprised if there aren't more than a few bumps in the road.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom