Battery lifetime

As a former triaxis and tube fex owner I can say that I never had problems with the battery of the triaxis. I just hope that the battery in the axe is easy to reach. I remember truing to change it in a jmp-1. Sigh. Leaking coin batteries I have never heard of. The only leaking batteries I ever saw was in devices that had been long lost and unused.
I remember from the triaxis form that contact spray is sticky and therefor not suited for cleaning contact points. Dust will stick to it so it will only get dirty quicker. I never use spray now, but wasn’t it ptfe spray that was best?

Just wondering, what cleaner product do you use - I've used pot cleaner for my guitar pots, but the stuff I used (can't remember the name) felt liquidy and made me shy to use it near active electronics.
I've used Caig DeoxIT products for years and they work fantastic. D series for general purpose cleaning of contact surfaces like switches plugs and jacks, G series for gold plated contacts, and F series for pots and faders.

https://caig.com/

Just wondering, what cleaner product do you use - I've used pot cleaner for my guitar pots, but the stuff I used (can't remember the name) felt liquidy and made me shy to use it near active electronics.

Yep Deoxit Gold or the cheaper plain jane Deoxit D5, and for mixer and other faders love the Deoxit Fader F5 stuff.

Dont-feed-the-trolls.png.cf.png

If I pre emptively change it, will I lose all my settings? ie is there anyway to change it without all going to default, I know I can store my settings on my pc, but curious, thanks.

If I pre emptively change it, will I lose all my settings? ie is there anyway to change it without all going to default, I know I can store my settings on my pc, but curious, thanks.
Maybe changing it while the Axe Fx is powered on? I think that's probably a bigger risk, though ;)

(Note: I'm not seriously suggesting you try this. Please don't!)

It sometimes can take a couple of seconds for the circuit to discharge, so if you are quick in your battery replacement you can sometimes keep your settings. I've been able to do this on PC's before, but not sure how the Axe III responds to it. Never had to replace the one in my II and my III is way too new for that.

I've had a 2032 in my PC for over 30 years and have never had one leak. FUD. This thread is hilarious.

WHY DOES THE AXE-FX NEED A BATTERY WHEN MY FORK AND KNIFE WORK JUST FINE WITHOUT ONE? GREEDY FRACTAL TSK TSK

I've had a Boss SE-50 for about 30 years. It gets a battery change every 5-10 years. I always liked that piece.

Crap, I’m just trying to figure out how to do a hot swap for my battery in the turbo so the radio still works ...😮

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom