AFIII Some solos with the Axe-Fx III, live

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
From my last gig :

Thanks to firmware 14.04, I used a remote wha/whammy. Watch on youtube for the timestamps, the video ends with my favorite improvised solo !

This was from a "Tribute to Johnny Hallyday" (the most popular French rock singer) gig, here in Mauritius, where we are lucky to still have gigs (no Covid cases here besides those detected in quarantine centers, with passengers coming from abroad)

Great playing and technique but you've fallen into the trap of using too much WHA. We the people still want to hear different sound and plain Lead.
Great show obviously. Just a bit of helpful observation.

Really enjoyed that; great live sound and exceptional guitar playing-always wondered where Mauritius is and had to look it up on the globe....you guys are out there!

Great playing and technique but you've fallen into the trap of using too much WHA. We the people still want to hear different sound and plain Lead.
Great show obviously. Just a bit of helpful observation.
I agree with you, I was already aware of that. I don't use wha a lot generally, but with this project, I do a lot, when I improvise mostly. Written solos, like the very first one in the video, have much less wha or none at all - I didn't include a few written solos in this video btw (didn't play them clean enough), and they didn't have wha

Really enjoyed that; great live sound and exceptional guitar playing-always wondered where Mauritius is and had to look it up on the globe....you guys are out there!
Yes I feel very remote, lol... Although I was born in France, I've lived here most of my life. It's a 11 hours plane trip to France, and no direct flight to the US so going to USA takes me almost a day

That was awesome and must confess weird...seeing people gathered and enjoying gigs. One of my gigs this week was cancelled because they had a covid outbreak, and it's looking like we'll back in lockdown again.

You are pulling out all the stops, rocking a solo through the crowd like a rockstar and the crowd goes mild....very mild.

I would expect atleast one person to faint

From my last gig :

Thanks to firmware 14.04, I used a remote wha/whammy. Watch on youtube for the timestamps, the video ends with my favorite improvised solo !

This was from a "Tribute to Johnny Hallyday" (the most popular French rock singer) gig, here in Mauritius, where we are lucky to still have gigs (no Covid cases here besides those detected in quarantine centers, with passengers coming from abroad)

Great show! I notice you used some Anderson guitars. I just ordered a custom drop top. Did you keep the stock pups or replace them? I’ve been trying to get some info on the specifics but can’t seem to find any. Also, I ordered it blindly because I couldn’t find one locally to try out. Everything I hear about them is they are stellar instruments. Thanks!

The ‘feel’ of that reminds me very much of the guitar solo in manfred mans ‘blinded by the light” - nice work! Thanks
Pauly

From my last gig :

With the covid it's like this was years ago haha. Yesterday I walked in a green alley we have here, almost nobody had these bloody masks. I felt proud to see that humans remain humans. Great show, in metropolitan France people would have been standing on another. Indeed take care with the wha.
Great band also,must be fun to play rock out there. Unfortunately I don't know Mauritius, not sure if I'll ever have the occasion to go there (my brother in law went). If so I promis to call out for a beer !

The ‘feel’ of that reminds me very much of the guitar solo in manfred mans ‘blinded by the light” - nice work! Thanks
Pauly
I stole the chord sequence for the end solo of "Requiem pour un fou" from another Manfred Mann song, "Father of day, father of night" (I just learned that it's a cover of a Bob Dylan song !). The original version of "requiem" don't have a solo

Back
Top Bottom