OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

Patzag nailed it …...… as the OMG 3 is so new for me, It is very distracting setting up my next move until I really get used to it. Using my FC6 and having more available switches up front would be less stressfull to me, but I want to keep the footprint minimal so I'm going to suck it up! :(

Using my FC6 and having more available switches up front would be less stressfull to me, but I want to keep the footprint minimal so I'm going to suck it up!
The nice thing is that, according to earlier comments, both the OMG-3 and OMG-9 layouts can coexist, the FM3 just won't auto-sense whether the FC-6 is attached and switch to OMG-9, which would be the cat's pajamas. We have to toggle between them in the settings but that's not a big deal.

I'm going to be fiddling with that capability today, at least when I stop playing through the FM3 listening to how nice it sounds.

Parzag, thank you so much for doing this. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

For those of you have been using it. How do this compared to the default layout? From my experience I feel that the looper is better accesible than the original layout.

Btw, I don't mean any disrespect. I'm a bit of a gear noob so I'm trying to figure this out. I love my fm3 but the 3 buttons have tested me lol

Am I understanding it correctly that this is the OMG9 layout with the OMG3 in the free layout spots? All I have to do to switch between them is change bank size and startup layout?

Am I understanding it correctly that this is the OMG9 layout with the OMG3 in the free layout spots? All I have to do to switch between them is change bank size and startup layout?

According to
If you load this on top of OMG 9, the only manual changes you will need to make are:
  • set Bank Size to 3
  • manually load Layout 4 OR make your default layout 4.

and

If you insert these layouts into OMG 9 (which does not use them), then all you have to do is set the default to Layout 4 and make the preset bank 3 and you'll be in FM3 alone mode.

Revert to Layout 8 as Default and bank size 6 and you're up and running with the FC 6 in OMG 9 mode.

No need to reload layouts.

It sounds like you can switch back and forth.

Last edited:
Geez, this is so well thought out I don't even know if I need to bother with my Mosky dual footswitch I just got in. I literally don't know what to assign to the switches? Maybe Scene 4?

Geez, this is so well thought out I don't even know if I need to bother with my Mosky dual footswitch I just got in. I literally don't know what to assign to the switches? Maybe Scene 4?
One idea I thought made sense is to set up one of the stand-in switches to move to the next "view". Chris on the forum here had a video that shows how this works. The idea is that when you're in a view showing three scenes, the stand-in switch would take you to the next 3 scenes. If you're looking at effects, the same switch would move to the next three effects. Then you still have another switch and two long presses for other things such as tuner, tap tempo, etc. That's a lot of flexibility with just a few switches!

One idea I thought made sense is to set up one of the stand-in switches to move to the next "view". Chris on the forum here had a video that shows how this works. The idea is that when you're in a view showing three scenes, the stand-in switch would take you to the next 3 scenes. If you're looking at effects, the same switch would move to the next three effects. Then you still have another switch and two long presses for other things such as tuner, tap tempo, etc. That's a lot of flexibility with just a few switches!
Yes, except that I already use all the views with this system.
Now if you DON'T have an FC 6 and have free use of all the layouts, then the dual switch becomes a very powerful tool.

I got the Mosky setup after understanding the right side switch is the "first" switch and the left side switch is the "second switch" as well as read the portion on the polarity configuration so I'm good with the switch and testing options now. Tap Tempo / Tuner is pretty great!
I'm testing just assigning a dedicated effect or scene, etc. to the second switch. LLike a lead worth overdrive or a dedicated lead scene no matter where I am LOL...
I do like that view idea, I did try it once and I kind of got lost somehow? I'll give it another go in a bit.

On another note, I have to convince myself that scenes PLUS changing amps using channels are going to get me where I want vs. old school presets for clean, overdrive, lead.
I have not used amp channels so don't know if I'll incur any latency which is a bugger with presets and why scenes are simply amazing.
I'm also OK using the same cab for my amp channels, but it has to be the "right" cab that works with everything.

Trouble with OMG9 after loading OMG3.
I loaded the OMG9 and it works fine.
I then loaded OMG3 and it works fine.
If I go back to OMG9 the first thing I see is preset names are the same for switches 3, 4, 5, and 6.

I tried loading everything a second time.
Yes I am setting the bank size to 3 and startup layout to 4 for OMG3 use.
Yes I am setting the bank size to 6 and startup layout to 8 for OMG9 use.

Any ideas??

Are these OMG3 layouts still the ones in the first post, or did they get reposted or more officially hosted elsewhere? I was looking just for a summary of how they were configured.

If I go back to OMG9 the first thing I see is preset names are the same for switches 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Any ideas??
I had the same problem. I tried several times, carefully reading through the directions but found no joy, and finally reset and returned to just using OMG9.

it seems straightforward but there’s a missing magical incantation I suspect.

Any ideas??
OMG9 needs Bank Size set to 6. FM3 Alone needs Bank Size set to 3.

Back
Top Bottom