Cab-Lab Updates: Version 3.5

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
We've updated Cab-Lab to version 3.5. Owners of the Plugin, Standalone or Bundle versions can log in at shop.fractalaudio.com and download this new release under "ACCOUNT". 3.5 includes minor updates including a fix for a bug where the UI was becoming greyed out when selecting "Cancel" from the "Send Mix to User Cab #" dialog box.

Fractal Audio Systems - Order Status 2020-07-28 14-01-37.png

I'm getting a download error when trying to update through the standalone product. Direct download worked though.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!!

. the live mode in Cab-Lab standalone is back!!

. the Cab-Lab plugin seems working, even if it appears in Logic Pro as an incompatible audio unit?! (OSX Catalina (latest) / Logic Pro 10.5.1)

05/11/2020 - Cab-Lab 3.5.0 Release Notes:
================================================

Fixed a bug in the IR2Sysex utility that created UltraRes sysex files even when the "normal" resolution was selected.

Modified the IR Capture dialog to always export a .ir file regardless of the IR Type selected.

Added support for FM3 connectivity.

UI enhancements for more responsive controls and graphing.

Added About and Release Notes entries to the Help menu.

Updated the MacOS build to include the necessary permissions for access to the Microphone (used for passing audio through the Core Audio interface in Live Mode).

Last edited:
We've updated Cab-Lab to version 3.5.
Admin M@, thanks to you and the team for the update, it's appreciated! Just wanted to flag a couple non-show stopper gotchas I noticed with the install on macOS (Catalina 10.15.6) for your attention...

First, I'm curious if there's anything that prevented this update to Cab-Lab on the Mac from receiving a valid developer signing as well (or just simple oversight?)

My experience with installing this was that the updated .vst and .component Plug-ins would not load in my host applications, as I got the following warnings (for either au or vst depending on the host app):
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 3.06.11 PM.png
in order to get the plugin to properly pass the validation scans and load inside of the host apps I first needed to do the work around of going into System Preferences to click "Open Anyway" after the warning above popped up a few times, and then let the host do a rescan after.
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 3.09.00 PM.png
Now, I personally trust software that comes from Fractal Audio, so I have no issue or concern with having to work around the OS level security warnings on an app I download from your site, but I also know that Axe-Edit III and Fractal-Bot are built in such away that they don't require this step, so I assume FAS has valid active developer certs from Apple for signing their apps.

Also, while we're on the topic of minor quibbles, it seems like with the 3.5 build something has affected the transparency settings of the image used for the .icns file as there's now a square white border around the icon in the Finder that was not there in previous app versions.
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 2.47.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-02 at 2.49.26 PM.png
(FWIW, I also feel like I'm seeing a thin white pixel border around the standalone app window itself that's never been there before, but maybe I just never noticed it... )

We've updated Cab-Lab to version 3.5. Owners of the Plugin, Standalone or Bundle versions can log in at shop.fractalaudio.com and download this new release under "ACCOUNT". 3.5 includes minor updates including a fix for a bug where the UI was becoming greyed out when selecting "Cancel" from the "Send Mix to User Cab #" dialog box.

View attachment 70752
Update is not working see my threat below in the cab lab products section
Any help would be appreciated
Thx
Dieter

Last edited:
Thx, I tried that but when I downloaded the app again it came with firmware 3.2
And asked to be updated and it got stuck
As it did with the version I had on my laptop
No joy here

I just realized there was an update for Cab Lab 3 to v. 3.5.0. Currently running v. 3.4.0. Attempted update from prompt but always fails in various amounts of percent download. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Roger

I just realized there was an update for Cab Lab 3 to v. 3.5.0. Currently running v. 3.4.0. Attempted update from prompt but always fails in various amounts of percent download. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Roger
I hope that you solved the issue, because that was a while ago.

I've just had the same problem now, so I came to this thread looking for a solution. I have solved it like this:

Login to your account at https://shop.fractalaudio.com
Click on your order
Click over the arrow to download the latest version 3.5.0
CabLab.png

Back
Top Bottom