Wish Wish List: New Amps

How is that different to the Friedman BE already in the unit?
is it a three channel? I have not received my 3 yet, still using a 2. if you go to friedmans webpage and listen to that amp, it is hard not to fall in love with it. I just hope i can get those tones out of my 3 when i get it.

I would also love to see more cleaner amps. The Tone King imperial (both channels) would be a great adiction. I would also love something like a Two Rock C.R.S. with its clean channel . I don't know why clean channels are skipped for a lot of models, there're a lot of people, like me, that use them. Seems sometimes that the main target for this machine are the metal guys who wants ultra-clean clinical sounds/high gain modern sounds and 80s hard rockers with plexis/jcm800 and all its variants but not the people which play with more vintagey sounds and style guitars.

I've also fallen in love with this:

Which amp models don't have their clean channel represented? There are around 125 amps modelled making up the 280+ amp models and @ 17 of the amp models are specifically the clean channels of particular amps. There are also 50+ amps that are single channel amps that are known for their clean tones without the word "Clean" as part of their name. I'm not familiar with or haven't tried maybe 20% of the amp models so there may be even more that others will recognize as clean amps or channels.

Of the @ 125 amps modelled, there are 40+ that would not be considered rock or metal amps. From what I've seen on this forum, there is a large percentage of users that don't use the Axe III primarily for rock or metal, myself included. To say that the Axe III "target" users are metal or rock guys is quite a stretch.

I understand having a desire for specific amps to be modelled, I personally would love to see a couple of more Dr. Z amps and maybe a Jackson Ampworks model or two. There is more than a fair representation of amps to cover any genre or style without having to compromise.

I would also love to see more cleaner amps. The Tone King imperial (both channels) would be a great adiction. I would also love something like a Two Rock C.R.S. with its clean channel . I don't know why clean channels are skipped for a lot of models, there're a lot of people, like me, that use them. Seems sometimes that the main target for this machine are the metal guys who wants ultra-clean clinical sounds/high gain modern sounds and 80s hard rockers with plexis/jcm800 and all its variants but not the people which play with more vintagey sounds and style guitars.
While it seems that clean sounds are underrepresented, I think it's important to remember that a high-gain amplifier is only high-gain when the input is turned way up. Many amps that are designed to distort have good cleans with a little or no tweaking. Switch to a different cabinet and the character of the sound changes.

A Mesa Lonestar has gorgeous cleans and the Fractal model of the amp sounds delightfully close to the real thing sitting beside me now. I run the real thing on the second channel 99.9% of the time, controlling it from sweet cleans to major distortion from the guitar, so I use the modeled version the same way.

The same is true of my ToneKing amps, they're on their lead channels always, the lead gain is between 8-10, and they sound like a Marshall when the guitar is on 10, but crisp and clean when turned down. Both the Lonestar and the ToneKings satisfy my R&B playing friends when they jump on one of the amps, even though the settings didn't change, they just learned to turn down their guitar's volume. And, while I don't play metal, I do love heavy rock and tend to throw that sound into a lot of things and the amps handle it well. Slide a 4x12" cabinet under the combos and a metal-head would be right at home, especially if they turned up the mid-bite on the lead channel.

When I had my AX-8 I would have been more inclined to agree that it was oriented to metal. Then I sold it to a friend who covers all sorts of music, from jazz and R&B, country, blues, rock, and he's covering all those styles with very believable sounds from basically two patches, one is based on the Twin Reverb and the other is Dumble, and his ability to get those showed me the problem was my inability to tweak, not the AX-8. The FM-3, which I'm using currently, is even more realistic sounding and I've got a couple patches that satisfy my clean desires.

So, I'm not sure we need more "clean" channels modeled, we need to dig in and represent the existing models' capabilities better.

Can I suggest the Swart SST-30? Seems to be a different amp than the Atomic Space Tone- people describe it as darker, smoother, and incredibly harmonically complex... it's a little bit of a rare bird, but seems like a really cool amp. That's one of those amps that I'll have to jump on if I see one come up for cheap.

Agree, very cool.
Pretty compressed, but that might be YouTube, and it's not bad, just constantly there.
Those tones don't seem necessarily out of reach for the III though.
That said, I certainly wouldn't object to having that actual amp in there too :)

Agree, very cool.
Pretty compressed, but that might be YouTube, and it's not bad, just constantly there.
Those tones don't seem necessarily out of reach for the III though.
That said, I certainly wouldn't object to having that actual amp in there too :)
Maybe it's compressed because it's a Kemper! 😉

Anyway, it's Blasphemy to post a Kemper video 🤔

Which amp models don't have their clean channel represented? There are around 125 amps modelled making up the 280+ amp models and @ 17 of the amp models are specifically the clean channels of particular amps. There are also 50+ amps that are single channel amps that are known for their clean tones without the word "Clean" as part of their name. I'm not familiar with or haven't tried maybe 20% of the amp models so there may be even more that others will recognize as clean amps or channels.

Of the @ 125 amps modelled, there are 40+ that would not be considered rock or metal amps. From what I've seen on this forum, there is a large percentage of users that don't use the Axe III primarily for rock or metal, myself included. To say that the Axe III "target" users are metal or rock guys is quite a stretch.

I understand having a desire for specific amps to be modelled, I personally would love to see a couple of more Dr. Z amps and maybe a Jackson Ampworks model or two. There is more than a fair representation of amps to cover any genre or style without having to compromise.
I would take a Dr. Z KT45 and let me relive my youth when I had a 6545.

Just watched a demo of the RV50mkiii and that sounds like a very fun time. Less wooly than the RV50 we have now, I think.

I love Tone Junkie profiles. Their Trainwreck and 3rd Power profiles are pretty much all I use on my Kemper.

Wizard MTL
Wizard Modern Classic

x2 on the Wizards

I just wound up buying a MTL MKII and MCI. Both of them are dethroning my Mark IIC+ that I thought was my holy grail. The MTL is the clear winner of the bunch for me, but a MCII would make it a toss up.

These are such end game amps for me, that they reduce my want or need for any other amp model that the Axe provides. Would rather have these in the Axe, but until that day arrives, the Axe will mostly be collecting dust as I run these Wizards through a Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander.

Back
Top Bottom