Factory preset banks for Axe-Fx III firmware 12.09 and later

Not at all. The only thing that happened is that a thread has been added to point users to the v12 presets.

Yes. Use Import in Axe-Edit to load a bank file and select the preset that you want to import. Or use the Manage Presets tool.

So.. I've just been updating and not re-installing the presets.. am I supposed to replace them or is this just so that we have a backup?

So.. I've just been updating and not re-installing the presets.. am I supposed to replace them or is this just so that we have a backup?
It's a backup in case you edit/delete/re-order the factory presets. Maybe you want to get it back to factory fresh before you sell it.

But also, the fractal guys every so often go in and update the factory presets because enough things in the firmware have changed meaning some of the effects/settings/etc in the factory presets might need to be tweaked to get them back to what they're trying to sound like

So if you're the sort of person that spends a lot of time playing with the factory presets, or uses the factory presets as starting points to copy and tweak from, you might want to update to the latest so you have a better starting point. If you mostly ignore the factory presets, regularly delete them for space for your own presets, or download preset packs and install those instead of the factory presets then you can probably ignore these updates entirely. That said, you might find some ideas in the factory presets if you do explore them from time to time. You can just download them and preview them 1 by 1 and only copy the ones you like onto your Axe. They world is your oyster, shuck it how you please.

OT, semi-related, but can you load individual presets from an Axe III backup?
I don't think so, just checking.
I'm thinking about deleting all my user presets, just pulling a few I really like back in, starting over.

It's a backup in case you edit/delete/re-order the factory presets. Maybe you want to get it back to factory fresh before you sell it.

But also, the fractal guys every so often go in and update the factory presets because enough things in the firmware have changed meaning some of the effects/settings/etc in the factory presets might need to be tweaked to get them back to what they're trying to sound like

So if you're the sort of person that spends a lot of time playing with the factory presets, or uses the factory presets as starting points to copy and tweak from, you might want to update to the latest so you have a better starting point. If you mostly ignore the factory presets, regularly delete them for space for your own presets, or download preset packs and install those instead of the factory presets then you can probably ignore these updates entirely. That said, you might find some ideas in the factory presets if you do explore them from time to time. You can just download them and preview them 1 by 1 and only copy the ones you like onto your Axe. They world is your oyster, shuck it how you please.
lol well said and noted thanks!

Back
Top Bottom