How to fix bad sounding palm mutes in certain presets

Try messing with the Input Gate settings? I once found the Intelligent type was causing some weird behaviour and changing it to Classic fixed the issue.

Which cab in the cab block? Also it still sounds like an input or an output clipping. Check the levels on the output, or turn output barely on and see if it still happens, that would help eliminate the output variable, or show that it is output volume. Also are you using active pickups? They could have a dead battery too that could cause some of that

I was thinking it sounds like there’s not enough input, like it’s barely getting enough of a signal to do anything.

A DI would certainly help on our end to see exactly what’s going into the AxeFX.

FWIW, only a handful of stock presets sounded good to me until I played them with a single-coil guitar.

Still sounds too hot and too much bass going into the amp. Are you plugging straight into the front of Axe III? Is your Input gain setting in the I/O menu turned way up?

Reactions: ang
Thank for eveyones input. I was out of town with my daughters golf this weekend.

I'm gonna read through and try the advice.

The stock preset USA IIC+ and Recto 1 and a few others do sound like this also. That's why I thought maybe I have something setup wrong. The red light on the input doesn't come on.

What is a JTV?

How many lights on the input do come on? The signal is supposed to "tickle" the red on the input, and you might need to turn up the sensitivity if it's not

How many lights on the input do come on? The signal is supposed to "tickle" the red on the input, and you might need to turn up the sensitivity if it's not
The red light barley comes on, ever.

Doing some research, it seems some of the presets started acting like this with the recent firmware upgrades. I will check and see if I recorded a DI. thanks for everyones help! I wonder if fractal upgrades their "factory presets" with major firmware updates and if they can be downloaded?

The red light barley comes on, ever.

Doing some research, it seems some of the presets started acting like this with the recent firmware upgrades. I will check and see if I recorded a DI. thanks for everyones help! I wonder if fractal upgrades their "factory presets" with major firmware updates and if they can be downloaded?

Factory presets were updated for 12.09, and another is possibly coming soon. Normally they don't need to be kept in step.

Epiphones are not known for having the best fret work. Buzzy frets on the low strings sound like hell thru a distorted amp. Just for the heck of it, play your guitar unplugged on the low strings on the lower frets and see if you have excessive fret buzz...

something similar was with my ax8 connected straight into the cheap power amp. the reason was in +4db set on the output. problem was solved when I set it to -10db.

also, you should check input levels in global settings.

besides, if you have a backup of the critical data from the unit you can try reset to the system to defaults

Back
Top Bottom