Calling FM3 Owners ... attached is one of my Axe-Fx 3 Presets .... will it load / run on the FM3 (?) .... and .... what FM3 %CPU?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi FM3 users !

I currently have and use an Axe FX 3 - and am on the FM3 waitlist.

Attached is one of my Axe 3 presets - in the Axe 3 it uses %44 <-. %48 CPU.

I am hoping one of the FM3 users here could please load / try to load it into their FM3 and let me know (a) does it load and work and (b) what %CPU it uses on the FM3.

It has 3 Scenes 1, 2 and 3 and the Cab is a stock Axe 3 Cab from Factory 1 #142 [ 1x12 Allesandro 414 D ]

My sincere thanks in advance.
Ben

Attachments

• 011_AXE 3 to FM3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
77% (I'm running beta firmware on the FM3).

My sincere thanks Yek :) Great to know !

If you don't mind, and you still have the preset on your FM3, could you please add a 2nd Cab - Factory 1 Cab 116 1x12 AC-20 DLX 421 - and let me know what the FM3 %CPU increases too (?)

Hoping this isn't too much hassle.

Thanks again,
Ben

Is 80% CPU the max you want to hit for best operation? I seem to remember that being the threshold from when I had an AX8 a few years ago but I can’t remember for sure. My FM3 presets rarely go over 50-60%.

I have some presets which run at ~80% to ~83%.
The UI is going way slower, and "warning" is displayed. I think 80% is the magic threshold after which everything becomes really slow, and above 85% block get deactivated.

I have some presets which run at ~80% to ~83%.
The UI is going way slower, and "warning" is displayed. I think 80% is the magic threshold after which everything becomes really slow, and above 85% block get deactivated.

Hmmmmm ..... that's somewhat disconcerting ....... I would have thought and expected that the FM3 would handle low-to-mid %90 <->%95 before it started "maxing out" ...... %80 to %85 is a long way off from %100 .... not that I expect any unit to be stable at or close to %100.

Ben

I think the problem is that percent is a relative measure - it just tells you that something is in relation to something other.
The base for your relation is completely arbitrary - so they could also say "it goes up to 200% before you have any problems", but that usually don't helps.

As for the base value: I assume it "nothing works, because everything is maxing out". Anything below that means that at least some functions are available, and the unit itself may behave laggy despite not suffering issues with the audio processing.
(and if someone has a preset where it would go over 100%, a lot of confussion may come up).

So, 80% is quite fine value, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom