Archonia. Demo and preset d/l.

I'm certainly not a high gain man, but I spent last night more than 1 hour with this wonderful preset and enjoyed even the heavy distortion scenes. There is something with the high gain of this model, that attracts even me.
Thanks! I'm glad you're having some fun with it.

Just awesome sounds......FMAN ir for me :)

Sure hope this makes it way to FM3....
Thank you for the videos.

Yeah, they're cool guitars, eh? Really well put together. The only thing I may change in the future is the big old square nut, but it's cut so well I might just put up with it.
I have 3 SE's and a S2 and I have filed the ends of the nut over to round them off.. Low friction making tape and a fine flat jewelers file or 1/4" wide 3 sided file. Pretty easy and definitely fixes the discomfort issue with playing down at the 1st fret.

It's really surprising that they send them out like that.

Last edited:
I thought it might be fun to take four of the Scenes from this preset and A/B them with two different sets of cabs - FMAN by OwnHammer and those I used yesterday. It's not an overly clinical attempt but here's the result:

With this video I learned that you need some gain for understanding the difference between the cabs. The sound of the clean presets is pretty similar.

With this video I learned that you need some gain for understanding the difference between the cabs. The sound of the clean presets is pretty similar.

Yep. Everything has its own stress reaction, eh? Even speakers and cabs, and the amps that drive them. That's what gives them their character I guess.

My buddy and I both have III's. Last night at rehearsal we got his firmware, etc., updated and I was telling him about the new amp and Burg preset. On a particular jam I use my ESP that has Seymour Duncan LP style pickups and he was using his Ed O' Brien strat. On scene 1 the volume plummeted, scene 2 and 3 seemed normal on his guitar. On my guitar scene 1 clean was just fine. A bit lower volume than other scenes but fine.

So he plugged into my amp to make sure and again same thing. I don't doubt we can balance for his guitar but is there anything inherent to this preset that would react in this manner? BTW the preset is superb. Looking forward to working with it. Thank you.

My buddy and I both have III's. Last night at rehearsal we got his firmware, etc., updated and I was telling him about the new amp and Burg preset. On a particular jam I use my ESP that has Seymour Duncan LP style pickups and he was using his Ed O' Brien strat. On scene 1 the volume plummeted, scene 2 and 3 seemed normal on his guitar. On my guitar scene 1 clean was just fine. A bit lower volume than other scenes but fine.

So he plugged into my amp to make sure and again same thing. I don't doubt we can balance for his guitar but is there anything inherent to this preset that would react in this manner? BTW the preset is superb. Looking forward to working with it. Thank you.

Hey, thanks for trying the preset. There's a couple of things at work here that will have fairly drastic impact on your live results. Firstly, pickups: Singles vs HB's. You'll need to tweak input gains and levels to suit. 2. I haven't been able to play live since March, let alone rehearse or play at battle volumes. All of my preset work since then has been done in the relative civility of my little studio so the presets will definitely need tailoring for the live environment. I imagine gains would need to be tempered for starters, and the clean tones leveled with the dirty tones. Different pickups, monitors and picking attack by the player will all have an influence on the final result. My presets are just launching pads. You should make them your own by modifying to suit. Cheers, B.

Battery in his strat die?

Battery in his strat die?

Definitely going to check before I jack with this awesome preset. Don't mind tweaking but this was peculiar. I boosted scene 1 a good 12db to match other scenes with his guitar. I also intend on boosting scene 1 with my guitar as well but 3db would be max and possibly not that much. I'll chime in @Burgs it was very close to perfect at live levels (in rehearsal studio - not gig) on my setup.

Man I just got stuck playing that preset for about 2 hours.
That a good indication that ya got something! :)

I heard some difference in the cleans even on phone speakers, but the difference in the dirt was night and day. The Friedman has a different midrange character that sounds like it would sit better in a mix with little EQ needed. The other cab would need a couple dB of mids added in somewhere....

Back
Top Bottom