FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

Chris, if I had to try and tie an event to it, maybe I hit 2 of the foot switches at the same time?
And the foot switches are set up for scene changes, where I was at when it froze.
Thank you.
We will definitely get to the bottom of this.

Do you know what preset you were on when this occurred? If you could provide your system configuration and that preset, that would be super helpful for us tracking down the problem. I have tried and been able to reproduce this behavior. If you don't feel like sharing these things publicly, please feel free to send them to me directly. Thanks!

Just had the same issue two nights ago. Thankfully I was just showing off the unit to a friend and not performing at the time. Pretty sure it happened when two buttons were pressed simultaneously but I do not remember what layout I was on.

Embarrassing!
I'm on 1.06.
I have my guitar, 2 XLR's out to FOH, 1 EV-2 connected.
Only using one preset for the whole night.

FM3 locks up on me during practice last night.

It's embarrassing when you have to tell all the musicians to watch for pops in their ears, and then the video production team is looking at me like, what's this guy doing? Hey FOH engineer, can you mute the electric guitar channels for about 30 seconds please?

Had to reboot to get the foot switch functions working again.
The audio remained on, on whatever the last scene was.
Patiently awaiting a solid fix.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times on 1.06 as well. Had to reboot the unit to get the footswitches to respond again. Thinking of going back to hauling my Axe 3 for playing live for reliability.

I have had the switch displays go blank several times, don' know the cause, seems random to me, but... 2x a reboot fixed the problem, but the last time it happened I simply hit the switch where the blank switch screen was and it came right back, so I did not have to reboot on that particular time. Just an FYI.

I have had the switch displays go blank several times, don' know the cause, seems random to me, but... 2x a reboot fixed the problem, but the last time it happened I simply hit the switch where the blank switch screen was and it came right back, so I did not have to reboot on that particular time. Just an FYI.
Only one switch screen was blank in this instance? Do you remember the function of that switch? Or, better yet, do you remember the action you took prior to it being blank? No pressure, these are tough questions to answer so far after the fact.

Only one switch screen was blank in this instance? Do you remember the function of that switch? Or, better yet, do you remember the action you took prior to it being blank? No pressure, these are tough questions to answer so far after the fact.
The switch was just a preset, scene #1 and I do not think I was doing anything, just practicing/jamming at the time. After a little while, I looked down
and it was blank. That's all I can offer.

The switch was just a preset, scene #1 and I do not think I was doing anything, just practicing/jamming at the time. After a little while, I looked down
and it was blank. That's all I can offer.
Thank you for the extra info. Anything helps and we'll keep at it.

same thing here, looked down but the right and center display were blank. I tried tapping the switch hoping it would perform it's function, it didn't. reboot was the only way.

Does anyone know if this happened on 1.05 or earlier? Or just 1.06?
This has happened to me twice now during gigs (once on 1.04 in July and once on 1.05 about a month ago. The switches were randomly flashing and the buttons were not responding. The switches on my FC-6 and my Mosky two-button stand-in still worked and the sound still worked, but the buttons on the FM3 were not responsive until I rebooted. Has not happened to me on 1.06 yet, but I haven't played a gig since updating. Not sure that it matters, but the FM3 had been on for a few hours before the issue happened in both instances. It happened after pressing one of the buttons on the FM3.

It didn’t happen to me on 1.05 but has happened now maybe 3 or 4 of times on 1.06. I have an external switch that changes layouts and I think at least once it was when I used the external select my preset select layout. But there’s nothing so far that I’ve managed to reliably reproduce. And yes, same issue where the buttons become unresponsive and i have to reboot the FM3.

Does anyone know if this happened on 1.05 or earlier? Or just 1.06?

I’ve had several fs freeze previous 1.06... after that update I just have one episode of blank screen on the left switch but once I pressed another and went to a different layout it return to normal. So this time it wasn’t a freeze like with 1.05 and previous firmware

This all seems like something, that I've reported a while ago:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...g-encoder-ranges-in-scene-controllers.162800/

Can someone just try to reset the whole unit through the global menu (presets, settings, ... all of them!) and then just try it out. Since I did this, I had no problems with the small scribbles at all. Before that and before FW1.06 I had occasional freezing of the footswitches, texts dissapearing randomly and all that everyone here is describing.

Back
Top Bottom