USB Out Issue

RomanMtz

I'm having a very similar problem to this thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cant-get-sound-via-usb.165429/

But I have my output 1 connected to both the analog XLR out to a CLR and SPDIF to my home theater receiver (that works fine with the Axe 3) and get no USB audio through. Both outputs are working because if I connect my guitar to the unit, it outputs sound out of both sets of outputs. When I play something in windows or in my DAW (Studio One), I get activity showing on the computer but nothing at all on the FM3's meters (USB IN, USB OUT, etc.). I tried updating the USB drivers (both files installed) but still get nothing.

I cycled through all combinations of I/O settings and get nothing. Tried setting up all the I/O in Studio One and still get nothing. It's like the audio is not going to and from the USB to my computer and back at all. Both USB levels are at 0 dB and I'm on 1.06 firmware. Tried this on two different computers with the same result as well.

FractalBot and FM3 Edit work fine. I just updated to 1.06 today. Could there be something wrong with just the USB audio? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you mapping the USB channels for the FM3 in your DAW properly? It has 4 channel inputs and 4 outputs that need to be assigned in whatever app you are using.

Are you mapping the USB channels for the FM3 in your DAW properly? It has 4 channel inputs and 4 outputs that need to be assigned in whatever app you are using.

Yes. I tried all inputs and outputs and get nothing in Studio One.

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 18
Did you set the FM3 as the output device for your computer or DAW?

Yup, nothing. I play a music file and get activity on that master volume line but nothing on the FM3 meters and no output.

I also uninstalled the Axe 3's USB drivers in case they were conflicting and nothing.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
Were you able to figure this out? For me, Output 1 works for USB playback but not Output 2. I am on Mac/Logic though.

Still working with support on it. What do you have set as Output 2 in the I/O settings? Are you trying to get output from Output 2 in your DAW?

Back
Top Bottom