Using an Axe-Fx III with my Fender Twin for effects?

Bulldog50

Inspired
I play my Axe FX III through studio monitors. I love the AXE. However, I also have a Fender Twin that I play through sometimes and I was considering getting an Eventide H9 Max to play around with and hook it up to my Twin. Does this make sense? Does Fractal make a comparable product? Is the H9 the best product to do what I want (get a lot of effects through my Fender Twin)? I am relatively new to this gear stuff. Any tips or pointers, or advice would be most appreciated. Please Cliff, don't ban me for asking this question. Love Fractal!

It’s easy to get many more effects in front of your Twin using your III! The H9 only does one algorithm per preset ..you can do as many as the III’s DSPs can handle!... that said, a lot of us own H9s, there are a few sounds that maybe the III cant do......,

It’s easy to get many more effects in front of your Twin using your III! The H9 only does one algorithm per preset ..you can do as many as the III’s DSPs can handle!... that said, a lot of us own H9s, there are a few sounds that maybe the III cant do......,
Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I'm being overly lazy, but switching the speakers from the AXE to the Fender everytime, seems a bit of a pain. I would probably leave the H9 attached to the Twin permanently. The thought of another H9 with no algorithms purchased( hooked up in conjunction with the H9 Max) would give me much more flexibility, but would run the price up to about $1100. I saw a video that said I would have access to all the algos with this type of setup, and would have much more capability. Hope I am making sense.

If moving some cables is too much, I’d get the H9.
I AM lazy. I'll plead guilty. But also there are quite a few effects that maybe exceed the capability of the AXE in certain areas. Anyway, I've probably got a case of Gear Acquisition Syndrome, and the thought of playing around with a new nice piece of gear while I am locked in at home is appealing to me. That, and continuing to work on my playing, which is infinitely more important. Thanks for your viewpoint.

But also there are quite a few effects that maybe exceed the capability of the AXE in certain areas.
I'll admit there are some effects that the AxeFX III cannot currently emulate, but they are extremely few. I've been an AxeFX user for many years, and have owned a large number of high-end processors from Eventide, TC Electronic, Ensoniq, and so on. Also, I have owned a ton of boutique pedals. At this point the only effect pedal that I've been unable to duplicate in my AxeFX III is the Digitech Frequout, which I have in a loop for easy activation.
That is the single instance of a pedal effect that I still use outside of the AxeFX III. I play in multiple bands in multiple styles of music, and do session work. My signal chains range from simple to highly complex, and have series / parallel routing that would be horribly difficult to set up in a less powerful system. At the risk of sounding like an obsessed Fractal fan, the AxeFX has made me a better player because it is so musically satisfying, and the editor makes it very quick to dial in my tones so I can focus on my playing.

I'll admit there are some effects that the AxeFX III cannot currently emulate, but they are extremely few. I've been an AxeFX user for many years, and have owned a large number of high-end processors from Eventide, TC Electronic, Ensoniq, and so on. Also, I have owned a ton of boutique pedals. At this point the only effect pedal that I've been unable to duplicate in my AxeFX III is the Digitech Frequout, which I have in a loop for easy activation.
That is the single instance of a pedal effect that I still use outside of the AxeFX III. I play in multiple bands in multiple styles of music, and do session work. My signal chains range from simple to highly complex, and have series / parallel routing that would be horribly difficult to set up in a less powerful system. At the risk of sounding like an obsessed Fractal fan, the AxeFX has made me a better player because it is so musically satisfying, and the editor makes it very quick to dial in my tones so I can focus on my playing.
Now I am wondering if I should just get the FM3. Haha, first world problem.

I play my Axe FX III through studio monitors. I love the AXE. However, I also have a Fender Twin that I play through sometimes and I was considering getting an Eventide H9 Max to play around with and hook it up to my Twin. Does this make sense? Does Fractal make a comparable product? Is the H9 the best product to do what I want (get a lot of effects through my Fender Twin)? I am relatively new to this gear stuff. Any tips or pointers, or advice would be most appreciated. Please Cliff, don't ban me for asking this question. Love Fractal!
I'm glad people were able to help OP out, but I had a good laugh at the title of the post and pleading at the end for Cliff to not ban him :laughing:
OP, what sound effects are you hoping to achieve through another pedal?

The Axe FXIII (and all Axe FX units) sounds great when used as an effects unit with a Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb, Vox AC30, 59 Bassman, etc. I have the Eventide H9 Max and it also sounds great with those same amps.

If you have an Axe FX you don't need the Eventide. It will do pretty much everything the Eventide will and more, and sounds every bit as good or better. You can also do multiple effects at one time with the Axe FX. The Eventide is more portable and sounds great.

An FM3 would do nicely. If not that, a used AX8 or FX8 would work great too.
Very true. I also have an AX8, though I'm not using it much at the moment. It's a fantastic unit, and I use it as my "grab and go" board. At this point, there isn't much "going", so it's just sitting in a flight case here in the studio.

O\T: I have a hard time understanding why someone would title a serious post in this way. I see the fear of the current cancel culture in many, however bit of courage goes a long ways. Mo’ grit = mo’betta. Truly.

This is a great company with fantastic customer orientation and support, raising the bar for everybody in the MI business.

Lastly, if you enjoy GAS… This is not the right product for you. It killz acquisition desires like no other.

O\T: I have a hard time understanding why someone would title a serious post in this way. I see the fear of the current cancel culture in many, however bit of courage goes a long ways. Truly.

This is a great company with fantastic customer orientation and support, raising the bar for everybody in the MI business.

Lastly, if you enjoy GAS… This is not the right product for you. It killz acquisition desires like no other.

THIS!! Not to mention when someone does a search under "titles only" on the subject matter this thread will be overlooked. Title the thread on the subject matter else it defeats the purpose of an internet forum.

I am surprised that no one else mentioned you can hook up your Axe III to both studio monitor and your Twin Reverb with different output and presets.
1. Guitar to input1 of Axe III
2. Axe III output 1 to studio monitor.
3. Axe III output 2 to Twin Reverb.

Then all you need is use different patches when playing with either monitor or amp, this is exactly what I do.

THIS!! Not to mention when someone does a search under "titles only" on the subject matter this thread will be overlooked. Title the thread on the subject matter else it defeats the purpose of an internet forum.
I agree the title of the thread is a tad dramatic.
The only justice that can be served in this case so that others learn the lesson going forward is to ban the OP.

Sorry, bud. No hard feelings ;) :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom