AFIII Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx III Master Thread - Updated to Firmware 20.xx 'Cygnus'! New 'Triple-Gain' (HB) Versions

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
The update to 4.03 sounds spectacular in 5.05! I am able to use Maestro Moke’s JCM 800 in a variety of situations for that killer Marshall goodness. It is made for a mix. I own most of his creations and can testify (can I get a Hallelujah?!) to my religious use. His Vai patches are remarkable as well. Do yourself a favor and try them out. It’s also a great way of learning how to dial in tones by yourself. Highly recommended! 5 Stars!

+100 , don't know if its Mokes tweaks or the 5.05 update, suspect a combination of both, but yes Mokes presets were fantastic before, but 4.03 versions , well, wow they really blow me away now...updated 3 last night & spent so long playing never got round to grabbing the rest, but I will !..
awesome work Moke ( and Fractal ) thankyou
Thank you both for the kind words and for chiming in. I will begin going through them all at some point and see what, if anything, needs work.

Here is a demo of all 7 scenes of my Green Day - 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' (for Humbucker pickups) preset for the Fractal Audio 'Axe-Fx III'. I am going to try to get this to work on the Axe-Fx II. I don't think that it will be possible on the AX8. Maybe as two separate presets??

No double tracking. No post EQ. Key of 'F' min.

Scene #1.... Trem Tone+Acoustic Sim (verses)
Scene #2.... Small Solos - with an upper octave added (auto accompaniment)
Scene #3.... Main Rhythm+Acoustic Sim (choruses)
Scene #4.... Solo (no pitch effects - I'm playing the octaves manually)
Scene #5.... Acoustic Sim only (louder and dryer)
Scene #6.... Outro Solo - with upper and lower pitch effects - Uses one 'Global Custom Scale' to play a higher 'drone' note ('F') that only changes on the 'E', 'F', 'F#', 'G', and 'D#', to simulate some of the over-dubs.

Scene #8... Trem Tone (intro) (loads on this scene)

Last edited:
Okay, for anyone that may be interested, my 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' Axe-Fx III preset is now available in my store.

Firmware 6.03

All of the tones (and a few tricks) needed for a single guitarist to pull this song off.

Last edited:
Hi @Moke are all your other presets revised for FW 6.03? I’m specifically interested in these:
American Girl
Any Way you Want It
Foreplay/Long Time

Thanks man.

Hi @Moke are all your other presets revised for FW 6.03? I’m specifically interested in these:
American Girl
Any Way you Want It
Foreplay/Long Time

Thanks man.
Not specifically. But I haven't found, or heard about any issues so far. Most of the last couple of updates were effect block improvements/additions, performance enhancements and bug fixes.

There were some changes in the 'Cathode Follower' (5.xx) and Power Amp modeling (6.xx). But things just seem to sound/feel better.

Not specifically. But I haven't found, or heard about any issues so far. Most of the last couple of updates were effect block improvements/additions, performance enhancements and bug fixes.

There were some changes in the 'Cathode Follower' (5.xx) and Power Amp modeling (6.xx). But things just seem to sound/feel better.
I have the latest FW installed 6.03 and Maestro Moke’s presets sound spectacular. They have actually improved which I did not believe possible. I strongly recommend his work...he is the Tone Master!

Okay, I just added 8 Axe Fx III 'Artist/Song Specific' presets to the store.
  1. 'Rebel Yell'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  2. 'Livin' on a Prayer'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  3. 'Livin' on a Prayer'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)
  4. 'You Give Love a Bad Name'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  5. 'Foreplay/Longtime'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  6. 'Eruption'.... (for Humbucker guitars) (including Mark Day's version)
  7. 'American Girl'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
  8. 'Zack Wylde'.... (for Humbucker guitars)
These were ported over manually.
I'm interested in buying some! Just got my Axe 3 a couple days ago, it's my first fractal. And I was wanting the Boston type harmonies, and I love several of the Iron maiden style harmonies, and we'll as Stryker, as in hell with the devil yup I'm excited to here and at your presets, and would love to get maiden/Stryper ones later if you make them. I'm all humbuckers here..

Still waiting for a precise bug report with presets and reproduction steps
I tried today for hours grabbing presets from ax8 and axe 2 then converted them and almost everyone came out with lots of background noise and some either no or too low volume. And several only played on the left side of my head phones as I were auditioning them, was so disappointed, there are some iron maiden harmony patches I wanted, but we're all too noisy.. I'm a newbie, only had my Axe 3 for a few days, but I'm learning fast, could be operator error..

I tried today for hours grabbing presets from ax8 and axe 2 then converted them and almost everyone came out with lots of background noise and some either no or too low volume. And several only played on the left side of my head phones as I were auditioning them, was so disappointed, there are some iron maiden harmony patches I wanted, but we're all too noisy.. I'm a newbie, only had my Axe 3 for a few days, but I'm learning fast, could be operator error..
So, i'm still waiting for precise report : reproduction steps, presets (gen2) etc..

Just a heads up.

Although it is technically possible to convert Axe-Fx III preset into FM3 presets using the editor....

Most of my Axe-Fx III preset versions make use of parallel signal paths in one form or another, including dual amps, cabs, special routings to accomplish various goals, etc... And also use most of the available Axe-Fx III CPU power. These presets will likely not convert will any success.

So, I am recommending to NOT purchase any of my Axe-Fx III presets with the intent to convert them for your FM3.

At some point when I am able to get an FM3 for myself, I will start the long process of porting my preset over. They will most likely more resemble the signal chain routing of the AX8 versions, with a few changes because of more available options.

Moke

I just added the newest 13.01 versions of all 14 of my 'General Multi-Purpose' Axe-Fx III presets to the store.
  1. Moke's Acoustic Sim V5.1 (SC)
  2. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer/Angels V5.1 (SC)
  3. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims V5.1 (SC)
  4. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic V5.1 Sim (SC)
  5. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim V2 (SC)
  6. Moke's Brit-800 V2.6 (SC)
  7. Moke's Bass Sim V2 (SC)
  8. Moke's Acoustic Sim V5.1 (HB)
  9. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer/Angels V5.1 (HB)
  10. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims V5.1 (HB)
  11. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic V5.1 Sim (HB)
  12. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim V2 (HB)
  13. Moke's Brit-800 V2.6 (HB)
  14. Moke's Bass Sim V2 (HB)

As always, updates are free to those that purchased. If you run into issues with your coupon code not dropping the price of the preset to $0 after adding the coupon code, don't continue... please let my know and I will fix it soon as I can. I am still having problems with some codes randomly loosing their settings?? I need to get a real website someday.:confused:

Last edited:
I just added the updated 14.00 versions of all 14 of my 'General Multi-Purpose' Axe-Fx III presets to the store.
  1. Moke's Acoustic Sim V5.2 (SC)
  2. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer/Angels V5.2 (SC)
  3. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims V5.2 (SC)
  4. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic V5.2 Sim (SC)
  5. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim V2.1 (SC)
  6. Moke's Brit-800 V2.7 (SC)
  7. Moke's Bass Sim V2.1 (SC)
  8. Moke's Acoustic Sim V5.2 (HB)
  9. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer/Angels V5.2 (HB)
  10. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims V5.2 (HB)
  11. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic V5.2 Sim (HB)
  12. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim V2.1 (HB)
  13. Moke's Brit-800 V2.7 (HB)
  14. Moke's Bass Sim V2.1 (HB)

I finally was able to update 22 of my 'Artist' presets for Firmware 14.00. They are in the store now.

I will be trying to update the others as I am porting them over for the FM3. But these are taking much more time than I had expected. So much new stuff to go through and test. And the differences of some blocks/models between all of the units are really quite large?
  1. Moke's Comfy Numb (HB)
  2. Moke's Comfy Numb (SC)
  3. Moke's Live Gilmour (HB)
  4. Moke's Live Gilmour (SC)
  5. Moke's Detroit Rock City 2.1 (HB)
  6. Moke's Free World (HB)
  7. Moke's Free World (SC)
  8. Moke's Gold On The Ceiling (SC)
  9. Moke's Little Black Subs (SC)
  10. Moke's Gone Away (HB)
  11. Moke's Interstate Love Song (HB)
  12. Moke's Like A Stone V2 (HB)
  13. Moke's Lithium (HB)
  14. Moke's Pride (SC-#2)
  15. Moke's Streets+POG (SC-#4)
  16. Moke's Rebel Yell (HB)
  17. Moke's Sanctuary (HB)
  18. Moke's Wanted D.O.A. V5.2 (HB)
  19. Moke's Wicked Game (SC-#4)
  20. Moke's Blue Hotel (SC-#2)
  21. Moke's Lie To Me (SC-#2)
  22. Moke's Blue On Black (SC)

As always, updates are free to those that purchased. If you run into issues with your coupon code not dropping the price of the preset to $0 after adding the coupon code, don't continue... please let my know and I will fix it soon as I can. I am still having problems with some codes randomly loosing their settings?? I need to get a real website someday.:confused:
Does that only apply to presets on the same hardware? So if I had bought presets for the Axe II I'd have to buy them again for the Axe III, correct?

Back
Top Bottom