FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

BryantP

Administrator
FM3 firmware version 1.06 is now available for download:

Please install the NEW FACTORY PRESETS designed for firmware 1.06. Find them below:

A new version of FM3-Edit is also available:

Release Notes:
• Fixed Pitch block Mix overriding custom settings.​
• Fixed Pitch block Custom Scale number not displaying correctly.​
• Fixes and improvements related to USB audio artifacts and buffering.​
• Third party MIDI “STATUS DUMP” command will now return the correct data.​
• Fixed some Presets freezing on startup.​
• Corrected default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models.​
• Fixed PC Mapping not always loading designated scene.​
• MIDI Looper CC commands will now function properly after a power cycle.​
• Fix Contour parameter not working in Drive block for Shred Distortion type.​
• Align Plex block with Axe-Fx III.​
• Input 1 Source setting will no longer affect Input 2.​
• Improved modifier performance for external controllers (Wah “zippering”).​
• Improved performance of modifiers attached to Amp and Delay blocks.​
• FC: FC-6 and FM3 will now wrap Views correctly within Layout 9 (the “Master Layout Menu”).​
• Scene Revert will now take effect for scene changes via MIDI CC messages.​
• Removed “Diffusion” parameters from the Delay blocks due to CPU constraints.​

Thanks @BryantP.
If we are on Beeta 3, do we need to move to official 1.06. Are there differences between the two ? I don't wont to refresh if there is no need :)
Thank you

Hey guys, eager to know if this fixes up some of the ongoing issues, and if this opens the doors to catching up with the Axe FX III in terms of firmware updates. I've got a III, but I'm getting tired of dragging it and the rack case and the FC-6 back and fourth between my 3rd floor and band practices multiple times a week. And I'm probably getting an FM3 invite this or next week and just taking the FM3 sounds like a nice change, and I think I'd get by with 3 footswitches easily enough. But it's a balancing act as I'd have to move away form kitchen sink patches and some of the growing pains in FM3 land are giving me pause.

Hey guys, eager to know if this fixes up some of the ongoing issues, and if this opens the doors to catching up with the Axe FX III in terms of firmware updates. I've got a III, but I'm getting tired of dragging it and the rack case and the FC-6 back and fourth between my 3rd floor and band practices multiple times a week. And I'm probably getting an FM3 invite this or next week and just taking the FM3 sounds like a nice change, and I think I'd get by with 3 footswitches easily enough. But it's a balancing act as I'd have to move away form kitchen sink patches and some of the growing pains in FM3 land are giving me pause.
Read the patch notes. As far as bridging the gap, maybe soon enough!

You could probably get by with the FM3. It's hard to tell people how to spend their money. There are return policies and there is a secondhand market if they don't work out for you.

That being said, the FM3 delivers on many different fronts but don't expect it to be the Axe Fx III when it's not. You can't just add every block like in the Axe FX III and expect it to work the same. Many of my presets have at least 7-9 blocks though.

Back
Top Bottom