FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 3

Understood. This will likely wreck many of my presets that have already been purchased, and end the possibility of adding many more (the sole reason for purchasing the FM3). I just started seriously porting over about 30 presets this week (took the week off from work). This will make all of that for nothing again.. Starting and stopping (free) preset updates is becoming a full time job.

Answering emails and issuing refunds will be keeping me busy too...:confused:
Just send out a mass email telling your customers not to update to this beta, or to roll back if they already did. You're essentially releasing software based on software. You're a 3rd party vendor and are thus subject to being the little end of the whip. It's your responsibility to adjust, not FAS's.

Just send out a mass email telling your customers not to update to this beta, or to roll back if they already did. You're essentially releasing software based on software. You're a 3rd party vendor and are thus subject to being the little end of the whip. It's your responsibility to adjust, not FAS's.

Spoken like a Marine. Lol. Rah

Fuck that attitude. I paid for features that aren’t implemented yet and they’re removing features now. I’ve spent a fucking shit ton of money on this device and this is bullshit. Last time it was the good reverb, before that it was full length IRs. What else can this thing not handle?

There is no indication that this feature is simply missing because “oops beta.” They took it out on purpose and have no plans to put it back.

Fuck that attitude. I paid for features that aren’t implemented yet and they’re removing features now. I’ve spent a fucking shit ton of money on this device and this is bullshit. Last time it was the good reverb, before that it was full length IRs. What else can this thing not handle?

There is no indication that this feature is simply missing because “oops beta.” They took it out on purpose and have no plans to put it back.
The "good reverb" was not removed. The reverb block defaults to Economy. If you want the higher quality reverb it's a switch away.

UltraRes IRs were not removed. The algorithm has not been ported yet. It's on the to-do list. Fixing the USB audio that some users were experiencing, but not all took priority.

It's not an Axe-Fx III. It IS, however, the most powerful device in its price range. It also has the industry's best amp modeling and effects and it doesn't cost a "shit ton".

I already explained why the Diffusion was removed and I also explained that we may be able to reinstate it if we can improve code efficiency.

Take this as your first warning. If you continue to display this level of aggression your account will be suspended. This is not The Gear Page. We work together here. We do our best to offer the most bang for the buck and we have to weigh overall device functionality and sound quality over esoteric features.

Yep...that's where I have mine...just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something if I didn't load bank D
You could also use "Preset Import" from FM3 Edit to inspect which presets are in the *.syx file (it won't overwrite anything, basically it will let you choose which preset you want to import, or not).

Reactions: RLD

You can always sell your FM3 for a good price as an unhappy customers
It will make someone very happy
Despite few challenges FM3 is still the best unit in the market and if you want the power of the AXE III you can also buy one
We have with the FM3 a terrific unit and few hiccups some have experienced are being fixed
The commitment from cliff and his team is way beyond any standard in the industry

Wow - this beta 3 sounds soooo good. Beta 2 did not take well for me (I had some sound quality and noise gating issues across Factory and Live Gold presets) despite multiple attempts to reload beta 2 and even rolling back to 1.05. Just in time as I have to do some recording with friends tomorrow! Thanks Cliff & FAS!!!

Um

Curious, how much did you pay for the Diffusion parameters?

Man I'm loving the new Beta....and as much as I was advocating for workarounds for people (myself included) having USB recording issues..it's SO much easier to just record via USB straight from the FM-3. Hopefully with this in the past, more goodies will be coming down the pipeline from Fractal.

Thanks guys!

Your whole general thing you got going is definitely not compatible with the "early adopter" set. I strongly advise against you buying anything the first year it's available.

Happy to report that the bug in the previous betas (CS4 switches between two amp or delay levels not working) is fixed now.

It sounds great! Good job FAS team!

Back
Top Bottom