ARES for AX8

A portion of ARES was ported to the AX8 in FW 10.00. I had both the AX8 and the Axe III together at one point and they were very similar tonally on the earlier firmware versions of the III. So much so that I wondered if it was a mistake to get the Axe III. The portion of ARES that was added to the AX8 was a very noticeable "improvement".

Yes, it would be nice if the remaining bugs could be addressed but I never had any problems with the AX8 the entire time I owned it, gigging it weekly for over a year after updating to FW 10.01.

"What ifs" don't help much anyway. Its cycle is over and bugs won't get fixed.
Mine works fine with that I use AT THE MOMENT. If I run into bugs later on because I try something different... Too bad, I guess.

What could have been solved is COMMUNICATION.
Being given second hand "clues" by mods in a forum is not a way to handle a question that most, if not all AX8 owners wanted answered. It's fishy and disrespectful, and it doesn't need to be either.

Time to go for a MOD Dwarf, at least bugfixing would be left to community once the HW won't be able to run modern software.

I believe fractal mentioned a while ago that the guy that was doing coding for the AX8 was no longer with them or something? They were able to squeak out fw10 even after it was already pretty well accepted that the AX8 was history from their roster.

I believe fractal mentioned a while ago that the guy that was doing coding for the AX8 was no longer with them or something? They were able to squeak out fw10 even after it was already pretty well accepted that the AX8 was history from their roster.
It was Cliff who said there would be ARES for AX8 , not just a guy , so the story is different

Anyone expecting full-blown ARES on the AX8 is dreaming, no one at Fractal ever said they'd work on porting the full ARES platform to the AX8. They ported some of it to the AX8 and presumably a bit more to the Axe II. If they decide to and are able to add more of the platform to the AX8, that would be a bonus. Being designated a legacy product doesn't bode well though. Continuing the discussion seems to be an exercise in futility. The AX8 is a world class product that sounds amazing. Love it for what it is.

jesus christ! cliff's only got to say ' no ares for the ax8' and put people out of their misery.

how hard is that???

Just so everyone’s on the same page, can someone link to where anyone from fractal said there is another potential update or specifically “Ares is coming to AX8”? Best I can find is FW 10.00 incorporated some of Ares modeling.

I don't have a dog in this fight anymore but as a previous active poster in this matter I feel I have to chime in due to some misundertandings.

Cliff NEVER promised to bring the full fledged ARES ecosystem into the AX8, instead he mentioned working on porting Ares 2.00 from the Axe FX II and, as @chris asked, here is the post where he talked about it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-firmware-version-10-01.142660/post-1832879

That's all, peace everyone.

"I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day".

This is the statement that started it all.....it would be very nice if someone at FAS or even Cliff tell us if this stills as a work in progress ...or was abandoned ....just tell us FAS , whatever the answer may be

Back
Top Bottom