Cello preset (Tone Match and IR included)

Piing

Axe-Master
I have tonematched Cello samples from Kontakt Emotive Strings Library with a Sawtooth waveform. I have followed the method described here, but extending the notes from C2 to C6 (the whole Cello range). The sawtooth was generated using Omnisphere.

The preset is using the Synth to generate a sawtooth that is processed through the TM.

I have left the TM at the preset. Use either the IR or the TM

p.s.: for real fun, get a Boss GP-10, SY-1000 or any V-guitar synth to generate a polyphonic sawtooth, and run it through the Axe-FX.

Attachments

• U2.0021_Saw - Cello.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Cello.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 179
Ooops! I was going to attach a modifier to the Synth attack, so I could control it with the expression pedal, but it is not allowed 😢

Sounds pretty darn good, given the constraints.
Not on par with a good sample library and an expressive controller, but for a guitar processor, really great.

Too bad about no attack modifier, wuld be nice to have quicker attacks in there sometimes.
Wishlist?

You could always just add a Volume block just before the Synth block and manually control longer swells?

But, here is the preset with a Modifier (FC 1 Pedal 1) attached to the the Voice 1 'Attack' parameter with some Start and Stop settings to get you started. You can go to the 'Modifiers' tab in the 'Controllers' section to select this attachment and edit it as you wish.

Synth attack controller 1.png
Synth attack controller 2.png

Attachments

• Cello (MCP).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 83
You could always just add a Volume block just before the Synth block and manually control longer swells?

Thank you for the mod! that is helpful. Though my idea for changing the attack at different phrases came when I was trying to play Paganini Caprice n. 24. The pedal can work with slow swells, but not with legato. The Synth attack control can handle legato, I just need to adjust the time on the fly

Last edited:
Thank you for the mod! that is helpful. Though my idea for changing the attack at different phrases came when I was trying to play Paganini Caprice n. 24. The pedal can works with slow swells, but not with legato. The Synth attack control can handle legato, I just need to adjust the time on the fly
Make sense. You could use a Control Switch if you only need to switch between two 'Attack' times. Or just use 'Channels' to switch between different 'Attack' times?

New experiment: Bach Cello Suite n. 1

I hope that Johann Sebastian will forgive me. This is the first time that I play this, and I've never played a Cello :D

For this recording I have used the sawtooth from the SY-1000 hexaphonic synth to the Axe-FX (preset attached).

You can play this piece with the Axe-FX only, because there are no chords, but good luck trying not to hit two strings simultaneously...

Attachments

• Cello Y.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom