Testosterone Replacement Therapy - What dose does your doc prescribe?

I think unless one has any kind of condition that suppresses natural production of Testosterone, it is better to accept we age and adapt to it. And I have used roids, back in the late 90s when in my country was not even illegal, so I know what it takes.

Exercise is the best way of keeping some reasonable testosterone production on your 40s and beyond. Also limiting your alcohol intake, even beer, or better said particularly beer, can affect your testosterone levels. Healthy diet and low stress also are important.

I think unless one has any kind of condition that suppresses natural production of Testosterone, it is better to accept we age and adapt to it. And I have used roids, back in the late 90s when in my country was not even illegal, so I know what it takes.

Exercise is the best way of keeping some reasonable testosterone production on your 40s and beyond. Also limiting your alcohol intake, even beer, or better said particularly beer, can affect your testosterone levels. Healthy diet and low stress also are important.

I get that one should not use if they don't need. But almost none of you are answering the OP question. I am not looking for your opinion on testosterone, just if you are prescribed, how much and how often? State age, weight and other factors. This thread has derailed into a sparring match of sorts of right or wrong. Not talking steroids folks........

On any given roid cycle you take the same testo you will get prescribed. But now that you question the replies, I wonder how fits testo with amp sims, even in the lounge.

On any given roid cycle you take the same testo you will get prescribed. But now that you question the replies, I wonder how fits testo with amp sims, even in the lounge.

THAT IS WHAT THE LOUNGE IS FOR!!!!! If I wanted to talk amp sims I'd go to that part of the forum. You are not helping the thread but trolling it.

I get that one should not use if they don't need. But almost none of you are answering the OP question. I am not looking for your opinion on testosterone, just if you are prescribed, how much and how often? State age, weight and other factors. This thread has derailed into a sparring match of sorts of right or wrong. Not talking steroids folks........
I tried to answer the OP with 150mg per week

My Doc has always recommended NO oil, NO animals, to bring a body into optimal health, no matter what, testosterone included. Whether you are feeling 'pretty good considering' or at the wondering 'WTF is going on with my body' stage, the path is the same. No oil, no animals. This is going to take a small sacrifice but very well worth it is you want to avoid a painful, expensive decline with multiple chronic conditions, and prescription drugs to hold you together. :) It's possibly the only safe way to turn back the clock, and it actually works.

There are websites to learn how it's possible to keep eating great meals without oil or animals. I don't miss eating animals, and oil is messy, and oil in food becomes yucky very quickly if you stop eating food with oil in it, or on it.

If you feel a chronic condition coming on, know that it is because of the animals and the oil. It's both. Vegans and vegetarians don't cut it, because they use a lot of oil or whole foods that have a lot of oil (nuts/avocado/cocoa) and some still eat dairy and eggs (oily and animal). No oil, no animals.

The problem with this miraculous cure for almost all chronic diseases -- is that only a few thousand people know this to be a fact, but they know it to be true for themselves. The world doesn't yet believe that the food that we eat can cure chronic conditions, or that the food that we eat is the cause of these chronic diseases in the first place. The world still believes that chronic conditions are a natural part of aging. Apparently they aren't. But then that makes more sense, doesn't it?

I've often thought "WTF, why do humans have such horrible diseases starting after a few decades?, what's the deal with the torture? This is a bad plan, universe." But it's just the world not 'getting it' yet. If we can change what the world believes, one by one, human example by example, at some point everyone will 'get it' and poof! - a sea change, and two problems - 'chronic diseases' and the 'cost' and tragedy of the health care crisis - vanish from the world within a few years. ..

Vegetable oil (and other oils), and animal products have large negative impacts on the world's environment. All the world has to do is ween off the oil and animals. In the future kids will ask their parents "Did people really used to drink oil and eat animals, Dad?"

Last edited:
My Doc has always recommended NO oil, NO animals, to bring a body into optimal health, no matter what, testosterone included. Whether you are feeling 'pretty good considering' or at the wondering 'WTF is going on with my body' stage, the path is the same. No oil, no animals. This is going to take a small sacrifice but very well worth it is you want to avoid a painful, expensive decline with multiple chronic conditions, and prescription drugs to hold you together. :) It's possibly the only safe way to turn back the clock, and it actually works.

There are websites to learn how it's possible to keep eating great meals without oil or animals. I don't miss eating animals, and oil is messy, and oil in food becomes yucky very quickly if you stop eating food with oil in it, or on it.

If you feel a chronic condition coming on, know that it is because of the animals and the oil. It's both. Vegans and vegetarians don't cut it, because they use a lot of oil or whole foods that have a lot of oil (nuts/avocado/cocoa) and some still eat dairy and eggs (oily and animal). No oil, no animals.

The problem with this miraculous cure for almost all chronic diseases -- is that only a few thousand people know this to be a fact, but they know it to be true for themselves. The world doesn't yet believe that the food that we eat can cure chronic conditions, or that the food that we eat is the cause of these chronic diseases in the first place. The world still believes that chronic conditions are a natural part of aging. Apparently they aren't. But then that makes more sense, doesn't it? If we can change what the world believes, one by one, example by example, at some point everyone will 'get it' and 'poof'! - a sea change and two problems - 'chronic diseases' and the 'cost' and tragedy of the health care crisis - vanish from the world within a few years.

Oil and fat are the most important for the brain!

Last edited:
Apparently there is more than enough fat in all the food that isn't oil or animals for the whole body.

Not just amount but the type and their balance. Omega 3 is essential. Where do you get that from?
I am worried about your health. Please, read up on Omega 3 deficiency! <3

Last edited:
Not just amount but the type and their balance. Omega 3 is essential. Where do you get that from?
I am worried about your health. Please, read up on Omega 3 deficiency! <3

I'll take a look at Omega 3, thanks. Apparently, you will have a lot less Omega 6 to deal with in the body. This means you can get more than enough Omega 3 from flax, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia. Hemp seeds also pack a good bunch of omega 3.

Friend of mine here in Ireland has been prescribed testosterone gel instead of injections. He says it's looking good so far.

A couple of things to add:

When I was a soldier stationed in DC circa 1980’s, steroid use was practically encouraged in our unit. I’m not saying the Army issued it but, if you wanted a cycle of Dianabol, Equipoise, Boldanon, etc., it was always available.

A warrant officer friend who I trained with mixed up a cycle for me and, I have to tell you, a week or so after the shots, I never felt better in my life. It was an almost super human feel. I got bigger, leaner, faster and my recovery time after a hard workout or long run went from a day to a few hours.

After the military, I took an office job In Chicago but fell in with a group of friends who were body builders, cyclists and endurance athletes. Once again, steroids were a topic of conversation. I did another cycle but it was different this time. I didn’t have the time to train like I did in the Army so my fitness was not nearly as good. I was taking a shortcut. But that didn’t stop me from trying to train like I did in the Army. I ended up tearing my ACL and rupturing a disc in my back... it took a couple of years to fully recover. That was my last flirtation with PEDs.

A few years ago, a friend in his early 60’s started testosterone therapy thru a doc buddy of ours. I looked in to it and realized it’s just a fancy name for what we were doing way back when.

My friend dropped weight, put on muscle. He qualified for, rode and finished the grueling Leadville 100 mountain bike race. He skied bumps like we did when were in our 30’s. He had a couple year stretch where he generally kicked ass. Then, out of nowhere, he started having heart problems - uncontrolled arrhythmia that got so bad he started fainting. He had to stop all physically demanding activities. Then came major prostate issues. He stopped the TRT and within a few months, regained most of his health but now he’s on blood pressure meds, prostrate meds and more. He’s kind of a wreck.

Meanwhile, our other buddies are still going after it but are what you’d expect from a bunch of weekend warriors in our 50’s and 60’s. But, we’re still out there - and we still believe exercise is the best cure. There are always shortcuts but they don’t go to the same place.

The morale of the story: The short-term benefits of TRT are undeniable They are the instant cure for a lot of the mental and physical ailments we get later in life. However, they come with a price. The risk of cancers, injuries and more are very real.

If you’re not currently on a good diet and exercise regimen, I would strongly advise that you try that first. If 3-6 months of disciplined diet and exercise don’t work and you decide to do TRT, start with the lowest dose possible. Proceed with caution!

A couple of things to add:

When I was a soldier stationed in DC circa 1980’s, steroid use was practically encouraged in our unit. I’m not saying the Army issued it but, if you wanted a cycle of Dianabol, Equipoise, Boldanon, etc., it was always available.

A warrant officer friend who I trained with mixed up a cycle for me and, I have to tell you, a week or so after the shots, I never felt better in my life. It was an almost super human feel. I got bigger, leaner, faster and my recovery time after a hard workout or long run went from a day to a few hours.

After the military, I took an office job In Chicago but fell in with a group of friends who were body builders, cyclists and endurance athletes. Once again, steroids were a topic of conversation. I did another cycle but it was different this time. I didn’t have the time to train like I did in the Army so my fitness was not nearly as good. I was taking a shortcut. But that didn’t stop me from trying to train like I did in the Army. I ended up tearing my ACL and rupturing a disc in my back... it took a couple of years to fully recover. That was my last flirtation with PEDs.

A few years ago, a friend in his early 60’s started testosterone therapy thru a doc buddy of ours. I looked in to it and realized it’s just a fancy name for what we were doing way back when.

My friend dropped weight, put on muscle. He qualified for, rode and finished the grueling Leadville 100 mountain bike race. He skied bumps like we did when were in our 30’s. He had a couple year stretch where he generally kicked ass. Then, out of nowhere, he started having heart problems - uncontrolled arrhythmia that got so bad he started fainting. He had to stop all physically demanding activities. Then came major prostate issues. He stopped the TRT and within a few months, regained most of his health but now he’s on blood pressure meds, prostrate meds and more. He’s kind of a wreck.

Meanwhile, our other buddies are still going after it but are what you’d expect from a bunch of weekend warriors in our 50’s and 60’s. But, we’re still out there - and we still believe exercise is the best cure. There are always shortcuts but they don’t go to the same place.

The morale of the story: The short-term benefits of TRT are undeniable They are the instant cure for a lot of the mental and physical ailments we get later in life. However, they come with a price. The risk of cancers, injuries and more are very real.

If you’re not currently on a good diet and exercise regimen, I would strongly advise that you try that first. If 3-6 months of disciplined diet and exercise don’t work and you decide to do TRT, start with the lowest dose possible. Proceed with caution!
Highly unlikely that you'd get those problems from a TRT dose. I'm talking about 150mg at most. It's not enough for muscle gains etc., but perfect for keeping everything ticking over.

Highly unlikely that you'd get those problems from a TRT dose. I'm talking about 150mg at most. It's not enough for muscle gains etc., but perfect for keeping everything ticking over.

I'm fairly certain that my friend's arrythmia was likely caused by doctor prescribed TRT. I think he would agree. I don't know what dosage he was doing or how often it was administered but, if you'd like, I'd be happy to ask him. He definitely added some muscle, got leaner, etc., I've seen the same results in other patients including my personal doc who just started a program called BIOTE. I hadn't seen him since COVID but had an appointment the other day. I noticed a significant change in his physique. His practice sells the BIOTE therapy.

I'm fairly certain that my friend's arrythmia was likely caused by doctor prescribed TRT. I think he would agree. I don't know what dosage he was doing or how often it was administered but, if you'd like, I'd be happy to ask him. He definitely added some muscle, got leaner, etc., I've seen the same results in other patients including my personal doc who just started a program called BIOTE. I hadn't seen him since COVID but had an appointment the other day. I noticed a significant change in his physique. His practice sells the BIOTE therapy.
Cool, ask him what dose per week

I found this on a medical site; practiceupdate.com.
BACKGROUND
Atrial fibrillation (AF) is the most common cardiac dysrhythmia associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Several small studies have reported that low serum total testosterone (TT) levels were associated with a higher incidence of AF. In contrast, it is also reported that anabolic steroid use is associated with an increase in the risk of AF. To date, no study has explored the effect of testosterone normalization on new incidence of AF after testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in patients with low testosterone.

Cool, ask him what dose per week
He thought 200 mg of t-cypionate every two weeks sounded about right but it's been 6 years since he stopped so he wasn't exactly sure. He said that he laid off for a bit after the arrhythmia incidents ceased but his blood pressure remained elevated so he gave it up.

Back
Top Bottom