Some preset signal routing suggestions.

JiveTurkey

Power User
So I've been pestering @hippietim with this and thought I'd share the wealth here as well :D

I grabbed Tim's Perfect Strangers preset (excellent preset, btw) and did some tweaking on it. Here's a screenshot of my signal chain:
ENtTROS.jpg

Here's what I want:
S1: Organ. The mixer is set to 70/70 currently on path 2 and 3
S2: Guitar tone. Mixer is set to 100/0 on paths 2 and 3 as I just want the traditional guitar sound in that scene.
S3: Guitar Synth.

Scene 3 is the problem scene, as I want the audio to route from the mixer down to the comp, through the synth on path 3 then back up to path 2 where it meets. Do I need another mixer block after the cab to adjust this? Or does it make more sense to just ditch the mixer blocks and turn blocks on and off per scene instead?

So I dumped the mixer block and the preset is working in general how I like. Used the Mute on bypass in the amp block and that took care of the direct guitar signal. Need to tweak on the synth scene a bit and level the scene volumes but I am liking what I have so far. I can go from regular guitar to organ to guitar synth in a single preset.

Good job!

But yeah mixer is meant to mix several inputs. You’re thinking multiplexer, which would send to different outputs.

But yeah mixer is meant to mix several inputs. You’re thinking multiplexer, which would send to different outputs.

A multiplexer block is basically a limited mixer (one input at a time) and would also go after the parallel paths for this type of thing.

No block can control which rows it actually outputs signal to, but you could give the illusion of this by controlling balance before branching to vol/pan or amp blocks with input select parameters set L/R.

A multiplexer block is basically a limited mixer (one input at a time) and would also go after the parallel paths for this type of thing.

No block can control which rows it actually outputs signal to, but you could give the illusion of this by controlling balance before branching to vol/pan or amp blocks with input select parameters set L/R.
My bad, I guess I misunderstood what a multiplexer did.

For this type of preset, I would definitely use bypass mode along with scenes/channels to control the flow because it is simpler.
Yeah I did a thought process 180 midway through and decided to try and keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks for the mixer positioning suggestion. I am going to strip this preset back a bit more but I might revisit that thought process down the road. Right now I am mainly wrapping my head around how to best use scenes/channels vs. single scene modifiers or a basic single preset with basic fx switching approach. After coming from Boss/Roland assigns methods for years; it's a mental shift for sure.

So did some work today to add my GR55 in the mix for gigging as needed. Expression pedal controls Mixer block levels. When it's engaged; only trumpets/sax/GR stuff passes to the output. When expression pedal is off; it passes the normal signal chain. I had a lot of extraneous blocks I pulled out of the mix. I might do some additions on the bottom for some onboard synth stuff as I keep working with it.
j9EQoRx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom