Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.11

I really like the AxeFX III - I have two of them. Before these, I also owned 2 Axe-FX II XL and one Axe-FX II. Almost everything is possible with the new HW/FW. On the other hand, I get a little bit tired of downloading new FW every few weeks and re-adjusting all my presets. I mean, my tube amps haven't ever had a FW-update (just some new tubes here and then) - and still sound pretty good after all the years. You switch them on, turn a few knobs - and play. Sometimes it's hard to decide between the analog and the digital way of amplifying a electric guitar .....

I really like the AxeFX III - I have two of them. Before these, I also owned 2 Axe-FX II XL and one Axe-FX II. Almost everything is possible with the new HW/FW. On the other hand, I get a little bit tired of downloading new FW every few weeks and re-adjusting all my presets. I mean, my tube amps haven't ever had a FW-update (just some new tubes here and then) - and still sound pretty good after all the years. You switch them on, turn a few knobs - and play. Sometimes it's hard to decide between the analog and the digital way of amplifying a electric guitar .....

Or just don't update.

I haven’t had to update my presets because of new firmware in a long time.
About the biggest updates I have made to my presets was when the TC100 was added. That is my go to amp for most gain sounds so I switched to that in my main global amp block. (Using two amps panned lately, and that one is still in all of them. What I pair it with varies depending on the song.

I can see both sides of this for sure. What I disliked about amps and what ultimately made me look at Fractal was that I always had to trust someone else to make it sound good out front. I'm not doing big tours or anything where you expect a certain level of competence from sound - you get what you get, and in a lot of cases, I wasn't that happy with the difference between what I THOUGHT I'd be hearing out front and what I was actually hearing. The Axe gave me much more control and when I stepped out front the other day I was excited that it was exactly what I was expecting. That was my first full-band live show with the III because of Covid.

I set up the Global Performance tab to have the standards available just in case - B/M/T/ Level but didn't have to make any adjustments.

So tying this into the actual thread title, I didn't need to make any preset adjustments going to 12.11, or any of the other firmware updates that I've done which also makes me think I doubt if I'll ever buy another tube amp. Well, unless I find a used "The Earl" from Victory.... lol

ok newbie here what is the newest frimware as of 4/29/21?
If you open Fractal Bot from within Axe Edit, it will tell you if you have the latest official firmware and download it for you. The latest is 15.01.

If you want to try the beta firmware, you can download it from the forum and install it using fractal bot. Betas are there for users to test new versions and help hunt for bugs, so it’s perfectly fine to stick to official releases.

For now just use Fractal Bot, you don’t really need to download firmware from the forum.

Pinned posts are the ones that stay at the top of the list of posts in the forum, eg the first six posts with the little red pin next to them.

A lot of us use a ‘Kitchen Sink’ preset, ie everything in one preset rather than multiple presets. Don’t go overboard at first, treat it like a real rig: amp, cab, maybe a drive pedal before the amp for boosting leads, a chorus before the amp, a delay after the amp. It has very good response to dynamics, so you can roll the volume down for cleaner sounds.

Check out 5 Minute Tones by Leon Todd on YouTube for a quick tutorial on dialling in tones. There are a ton of options for an amp, but just stick to the authentic page for now. A lot of people never touch the advanced parameters.

Check out 5 Minute Tones by Leon Todd on YouTube for a quick tutorial on dialling in tones. There are a ton of options for an amp, but just stick to the authentic page for now. A lot of people never touch the advanced parameters.
thanks so much this helps

Back
Top Bottom