Noisy Fan

I got myself this:

Amazon product ASIN B00NEMG9K6
and installed it with one of the (included) cables to reduce RPMs. Noise is now much more tolerable. The stock fan made me want to turn off the Axe-FX III each time I stop playing for more than 2 minutes 🙂
Can you clarify the link? It just takes me to the main amazon home page.

Don’t worry - link now works , very weird!

Last edited:
Can you clarify the link? It just takes me to the main amazon home page.

Don’t worry - link now works , very weird!

It actually doesn't work anymore :-\ I'm just copy/pasting the link like I did a million times before :)

Anyway, look up for "Noctua NF-A8 FLX, Premium Quiet Fan, 3-Pin (80mm, Brown)" on Amazon.

^ Thanks. Available in Amazon UK. My original is actually pretty quiet anyway but I will hold onto this as I am not a fan of noisy fans generally...

It actually doesn't work anymore :-\ I'm just copy/pasting the link like I did a million times before :)

Anyway, look up for "Noctua NF-A8 FLX, Premium Quiet Fan, 3-Pin (80mm, Brown)" on Amazon.

Why not go for the ULN model instead of the FLX?....quieter and cheaper.

Why not go for the ULN model instead of the FLX?....quieter and cheaper.

Honestly, because I read about the FLX so many times on this forum that I didn’t want to experiment too much on a €3000 piece of gear.

Anyway, it’s your fault if I bought the ULN off of Amazon right now 😂

I have mine since almost two years, it was always in horizontal position and dead silent, this week I got a Gator Retrorack, put the unit slightly inclined and damn, I can clearly hear the fan now. Perhaps some bearings complain about the angle change, I may have to install a replacement fan, although I have left three months of the EU Warranty, it is not so loud yet. Thanks for the reference!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom