Guitars through a vocal processor

sidsin

Inspired
My vocalist uses one of these and insists connecting my guitar through it so that he is able to harmonize..I just feel that every time I do it, I am sort of compromising my tones. Does that actually happen or I am just imagining it in my head?

TC-Helicon EQ Effects Pedal (996000905)

Amazon product ASIN B002TUTUIM

Yes it just needs a clean signal feed. I take a feed from the guitar (Input 1) straight to the out 4 block and send that to my TC helicon vocal unit, rest of signal chain for guitar goes out to out 1 block. The Tc unit just needs a signal to track pitch so the harmony parts work.

Yes it just needs a clean signal feed. I take a feed from the guitar (Input 1) straight to the out 4 block and send that to my TC helicon vocal unit, rest of signal chain for guitar goes out to out 1 block. The Tc unit just needs a signal to track pitch so the harmony parts work.
Thanks! But if I connect output to the Guitar in of the vocal unit and use the guitar out to connect my guitar - the tone will change because of the vocal processor right? Instead of just getting bypassed?

Keep the signals apart on the grid
Guitar>in1>out1
Split the signal on the grid at whichever point you want and send to separate output for vocalist.

Alternatively, you could put the TC unit in as a loop and just run vocals (and whatever else you want to add) through it to separate output.

Last edited:
Thanks! But if I connect output to the Guitar in of the vocal unit and use the guitar out to connect my guitar - the tone will change because of the vocal processor right? Instead of just getting bypassed?

Theres no need for the guitar output from the tc, so no signal degradation.

My setup is exactly as @blaggers described and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom