[EDITED] AWESOME Van Halen on your FM3!!

You guys are absolutely amazing 🤘 I can't wait to try these later, and I promise not to whine, bitch, complain, and drink too much bourbon at 2am while attempting to load complex AX3 presets into my FM3:innocent:..... Wish I could delete the thread, but there's way too much Fractal community goodness from you guys that followed my bitchy intro... Anyway, Thanks again!!

You guys are absolutely amazing 🤘 I can't wait to try these later, and I promise not to whine, bitch, complain, and drink too much bourbon at 2am while attempting to load complex AX3 presets into my FM3:innocent:..... Wish I could delete the thread, but there's way too much Fractal community goodness from you guys that followed my bitchy intro... Anyway, Thanks again!!
You could edit your thread title..... :)

Ah, so all hope is not lost with my AXE-FX III presets migrating over? Might has well jump to an FM3 you are saying??
Don’t want to give you false hope, some will migrate with no problem, others will require prior editing and preparation, and the really kitchen sinky ones will be fruitless..the gap between III and FM3 is gradually decreasing, but will never be really close as far as raw processing.....

Burgs brownies preset contains two amp blocks with a total of 8 scenes

i've deleted most of the blocks, except the amp, cab and a couple of effects and split it into two presets. the cab block is the same in all scenes. all that you need to change is the channel in the amp block to audition all 8 scenes across both presets. just save the amp blocks into your block library and you can then recall them into any preset you like
HUGE THANKS Simeon 🤘 👍 Dumb question though... I'm still a Fractal newbie. Why is the audio only coming out of one side? And in Vesuvius, I'm only hearing the effect off the echo?

oh, i think it's the panning in the reverb block. it was originally in parallel, so was all on one side. i put it in line and i think i forgot to set it back to centre. in vesuvius, check the mix parameter of the delay. i didn't check these presets, btw. should have done, sorry....

I spent many months lusting over the amazing AX3 presets that showcased the amazing VanHalen tone (mostly Burgs Brownies!!) and..... after many hours and many forum members outstanding contributions they are starting to work on my FM3... See several presets below...

That’s some excellent editing, lil’ Eddie! The learning curve is infinite on these boxes, and every day most of us discover or are told something new ..And cool.
...patience Padawan ........

oh, i think it's the panning in the reverb block. it was originally in parallel, so was all on one side. i put it in line and i think i forgot to set it back to centre. in vesuvius, check the mix parameter of the delay. i didn't check these presets, btw. should have done, sorry....
Thanks so much! I’ll try that tonight.

Had a feeling you were going through a ‘special time’ ;-)

No worries, - and feel free to drink that bourbon while you try to make beautiful VH sounds haha

thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom