Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
......and wicked good "stank face". :) Thank you!

Seriously, there should be a Youtube video of like round 1, 2, and 3 split screen of Leon's face, and the dude from Electro-Harmonix, who recently joined the Fractal cool-aid club....to see who would win.

That doesn't even make sense to me. Why not to spend a little bit of money and get a actual bass and play the goddamn bass parts? I think it's way quicker to just play something that you spend time generating midi data, especially since you're likely to get lazy and just copy and paste.

Granted I have midi bass on some old tracks as well but that's only because I didn't have a bass at the time.

Wife rules:

Guitar in <-> Guitar Out :rolleyes:

I am not going to sacrify a guitar for a bass. That is why I love Roland V-Guitar (it is not MIDI, it is guitar modeling). The SY-1000 dry instrument signal processed through the Axe-FX III is amazing

Unless you can convince my wife that a bass is not a guitar :D

Speaking of basses...I had been using my own bass patch and hadn’t even noticed the bass presets in Austin Buddy’s naked pack...but man - really great tones. He does a few things I wouldn’t have even thought of not being a bass player.

Wife rules:

Guitar in <-> Guitar Out :rolleyes:

I am not going to sacrify a guitar for a bass. That is why I love Roland V-Guitar (it is not MIDI, it is guitar modeling). The SY-1000 dry instrument signal processed through the Axe-FX III is amazing

Unless you can convince my wife that a bass is not a guitar :D

“Unless you can convince my wife that a bass is not a guitar.”

I am no bass player but I feel every bassist I’ve ever known would love to give a long Ted Talk on this. I don’t know if your wife or anyone else would pay attention to it...

I am no bass player but I feel every bassist I’ve ever known would love to give a long Ted Talk on this. I don’t know if your wife or anyone else would pay attention to it...

I'm a bass player, too, and I switch back and forth. It's not easy to do that. Bass and guitar have strings and frets in common, but so does a ukelele or a mandolin. Different instruments.

I'm a bass player, too, and I switch back and forth. It's not easy to do that. Bass and guitar have strings and frets in common, but so does a ukelele or a mandolin. Different instruments.

I play both, and have been the lead guitar in bands, and bassist in bands. They look similar but the way you play them (even with a pick) is quite different. W bass there's a lot of emphasis on how you attack and fret the notes that you can kind of ignore on guitar when playing w crunchy or high gain. There's a lot less "brapping" on guitar than bass. :)

Gotta be a mind f@%k hearing the pitch change but keeping your hands still, :tearsofjoy:

That Virtual Capo in 12.08 is too much fun!
Going through the Blues changes with the Virtual Capo...
Just set up 3 scenes: 1) basic rock tone, 2) PITCH +5, 3) PITCH +7
And just start tapdancing :) while your hand is doing the same thing... had a blast

Gotta be a mind f@%k hearing the pitch change but keeping your hands still, :tearsofjoy:
Haha, it really is a total mind****!
I thought it would be so much easier, but you do go crazy with the tapdancingo_O...

What I was thinking: if you do your patch changing thru midi, you can totally do a full song playing just one chord, let the virtual capo do the work and just focus on making the best stank faces you can :eek::tonguewink: and look as cool as you can...

the audience thinks you're play backing but you're not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom