Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a freeze today on v12.08 at rehearsal with a high-pitched whistle. I seem to remember this was reported during the betas at some stage.

I think I was changing a scene and sending block bypass messages via MIDI at the time. Turning the front panel volume down made no difference. I was using a patch that had been saved under v12.08.

Hope this info helps find the cause.
I got that in Beta 4 but it happened on a preset from AB that I had tweaked (which someone else had said something similar). A suggestion was made to swap out the amp block (recreate it with the same settings as the original) which I did and haven't had the issue again...not sure if it was the fix but AB does say his presets are not meant for Beta releases too. Would be curious if someone could replicate it on a non commercial preset or one they designed.

Hence, that is exactly why they have a problem with it.

Why does any thing have a name? This is me asking you, you know, Gift-from-heaven, of-bright-fame, descended from the stonecutters who wielded great pickaxes (or were we the big-nosed ones? Or the woodpecker people? I'll never know.)

In other words, how many times can would you like to say/write "Firmware Version 22.01.01" vs. just "Quantum 2"?

I got that in Beta 4 but it happened on a preset from AB that I had tweaked (which someone else had said something similar). A suggestion was made to swap out the amp block (recreate it with the same settings as the original) which I did and haven't had the issue again...not sure if it was the fix but AB does say his presets are not meant for Beta releases too. Would be curious if someone could replicate it on a non commercial preset or one they designed.
Brian, you may be referring to several of my posts in a couple of different threads. I'll clarify my history here, to the extent that it's helpful.

I had previously moved to Beta 3 and, while using a scene that included amp and cab blocks inherited from an AB preset, the signal would cut out intermittently, although not necessarily entirely. Others using straight AB presets appeared to run into similar issues with Beta 3. I rolled back to 12.07, created a new preset using a current amp block of the same variety (JTM45) to see if I would continue to run into any issues. After doing this, I didn't notice any further audio intermittent drops. I suggested to others that they should replace the amp blocks in the presets with which they were having issues with current amp blocks. Not sure how that worked out for others and, I ultimately don't know whether it was rolling back to 12.07 or changing to a current amp block that resulted in the apparent resolution for me.

Then, not being able to help myself, I fell for the siren song of Beta 4. Shortly after installing the 4 firmware, and using the new scene that I described in the preceding paragraph, I experienced a complete signal drop out - with only a low level sine wave being output from the Axe. This appears to align with what you and GM Arts (and others) may have experienced in Beta 4. Long story short, I'm not convinced that the issues that I experienced in Beta 3 and Beta 4 are identical - but that's not to say that they are entirely unrelated. It appears that there may be remnants of the latter remaining in the current 12.08 release. As requested, I would suggest that anyone experiencing this issue post their presets here for further analysis.

Most mornings I get up @ 5:15am to go play WITH MY WIFE IN THE SHOWER...I have owned a Fractal product for 7 years. I won't get up to go to work @ 5:15 am but... playing guitar.. No problem. Top notch products. Just wanted to say Thank You
Uh...FIFY

Why does any thing have a name? This is me asking you, you know, Gift-from-heaven, of-bright-fame, descended from the stonecutters who wielded great pickaxes (or were we the big-nosed ones? Or the woodpecker people? I'll never know.)

In other words, how many times can would you like to say/write "Firmware Version 22.01.01" vs. just "Quantum 2"?
here’s the thing. Fractal doesn’t charge you for the new firmware. they don’t make you buy new hardware to use it, they just post it on the website for free.

if they just released firmware numbers, a casual shopper would have no way of knowing that the already fantastic unit is now significantly better than it was two years ago when Ola or Pete* reviewed it, and maybe it now has the features they said were missing.

so, yes, the firmware names are marketing. just like including the JP2C is. and it’s the best kind of marketing, because fractal isn’t asking us for more money every time

*not listing Leon here, as he releases new videos about the unit every 3 days, so his youtube followers are more up to date about the features than most of us on the forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom