studio monitors

Really don't think there is a "most common". what you get are peoples personal preferences-period. I have seen so many of these threads over the years and you can pick out a multitude of brands.
IAH, If I could afford "great" monitors I would have them When I say great I mean like 4 or 5 figures EACH.
Funny, the monitors I use are NEVER mentioned but that's OK by me. Hear lots about Adams, Yamaha, JBL, KRK, Presonus, Focal and Genelec.
I guess those are spoken about here quite a bit. With Focal and Genelec leaning more towards the high end.

I see a lot of people online that use Yamaha
Yes many here do also. Don't mean to sound "cool" or anything but I believe much has to do with the price and what you get. Lots use the 8's.
I use Mackie HR624 mkII's and also 2 Yamaha DXR10's. The Yamaha's do get recommended quite a bit here and so do the Adams. Big price difference there also.

Popular doesn’t mean best any more than more expensive means better.....

everything in the market these days will work and sound good. It’s like FAS vs KPA, people have their preferences but artists are making great tones with both units so both are capable.

same with monitors, They all sound far more similar than different

pick the ones which for your budget and space

Personally I'm using a pair of EVE audio SC 207 with ribbon tweeters and a Yamaha HS8S subwoofer to cover the lower bass octaves. If you need an extended bass response, get a subwoofer.

How long is a piece of string?
It's as long as from one end to the other. :)

I really like my Adam A8x's. As stated already though choice is largely driven by budget. One thing to remember though is; without using them in a treated room their full potential won't be evident no matter the brand.

Back
Top Bottom