IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Thank You, it means a lot! :) VX15 joined my arsenal and it sounds glorious with my AC30! Any chances for 4x12 with classic 25w greenbacks in the near future? I know that there is Checkmate M25 in fractal store but I strongly prefer having wave files, not only *.syx.
I’m glad you’re liking the VX15! And you’ll be happy to know that I’ve got a 4x12 with 25w Greenbacks I’m about to shoot. Just going through my testing phase before the official shoot happens. It’s gonna be fantastic!

I’m glad you’re liking the VX15! And you’ll be happy to know that I’ve got a 4x12 with 25w Greenbacks I’m about to shoot. Just going through my testing phase before the official shoot happens. It’s gonna be fantastic!

Amazing, it will be insta-buy for me! :)

Hey, long time since the last release @York Audio ?
anything in the pipeline my friend? Maybe a nice bassman or a friedmand?😜
I’m working on a cab at the moment with two speakers not currently offered in my product line. I’ve been experimenting a lot lately and had a bit of a breakthrough that I’m excited about. At this point, improvements are incremental, but I’m really happy with how it’s turning out so far.

I’ve shot one of these speakers four times in this cab and have learned some new tricks on how to make a cab sound even better, so now that I’ve got it in a good place, it’s all about waiting for good weather so I can capture it without interruption.

it’s all about waiting for good weather so I can capture it without interruption
Hey, how does the weather impact your captures?
External noise (thunder, wind rain,etc), humidity changes, or ?

I have only spent a small amount of time studios and I've heard how weather plays a part.

Hello guys,

Here you have a short clip I have made this morning with my Surh telecaster going through a clean tone and a cranked one.

I have used 3 Vox amps, Morgan AC20 EF86 (my fave), Matchless DC30 EF86 and Vox AC30 TB
Each video has the details of the cabs that I have used, all of them available in @York Audio page (212 AC30 Gold, 212 Matchless and 112 Blue)

Let me know your thoughts and fave one here - it's not obviously a fair comparison as are different amps and IR but I had fun doing it...

Hello guys,

Here you have a short clip I have made this morning with my Surh telecaster going through a clean tone and a cranked one.

I have used 3 Vox amps, Morgan AC20 EF86 (my fave), Matchless DC30 EF86 and Vox AC30 TB
Each video has the details of the cabs that I have used, all of them available in @York Audio page (212 AC30 Gold, 212 Matchless and 112 Blue)

Let me know your thoughts and fave one here - it's not obviously a fair comparison as are different amps and IR but I had fun doing it...

Wait, there’s an AC30 2x12 cab pack with Alnico Golds? I don’t see that on his site yet.

Exactly.

I was using that preset (blue speakers) during 2019 touring in the UK with my Queen tribute. When Justin released the 112 blue I went for that one as it's better to my ears in a Queen context even is just a 112. Yesterday messing around VOX tones and listening to an old video Leon released I reminded about the Gold ones hence i loaded them into the Vox amp.

To be honest and listening to the video with fresh ears the Clean tone of the TBX with Gold is the nicest one whilst the cranked Morgan wins from far.

Obviously the way you tweak the amps affect, 3 of them are brilliant so definitely i will need to spend more time tweaking the Matchless

Cheers

Just got back into using my AX8 again after going down the Kemper route for a while. I always liked Justin's IR's in the past (I had the Checkmate & Bi-Polar packs) so I just bought seven of his new ones:

Vox 1x12
Deluxe 1x12
Mesa 2x12
20w Greenbacks
H30 Blackbacks
Mesa 4x12 Traditional
Bogna 4x12

Every one of these packs hits the spot. Justin is the only IR producer I've found that makes usable single sm57 shots. With every other pack I've had to mix them with a ribbon to get anywhere close to usable but not here. That being said, the included mixes are exceptional. They're limited in number, which I personally like. Makes getting where you want to go very easy.

The standout pack to me from the ones above is the Mesa 2x12. It has (I think) the same 70w V30's that the Bogner & Mesa Traditional have but honestly I prefer the smaller box. It's super tight, focused and sounds huge.

The Blackbacks and 20w Greens are awesome too and really mix well. The 20's are boomy with a lot of top end whereas the Blackbacks are darker with a smoother top so they compliment each other perfectly.

Anyway, just wanted to throw my recommendation out there to anyone looking for balanced IR's that just work. I've been down the IR rabbit hole more times than I can count but I always end up back at my York IR's.

It's finally here! I'm so excited to announce that the York Audio MRSH 412 M25 Cab Pack based on a 1976 Marshall "Checkerboard" 4x12 loaded with U.K. made 25w Greenbacks is now available at www.yorkaudio.co for your Brit-flavored rocking pleasure.

Here's a raw isolated guitar clip using Mix 14 with the Solo 100 Lead model.

This one has taken me longer than any other Cab Pack I've done to date, but it's been well worth the time I've invested in it. This bad boy contains 14 mics, 18 multi-mic mixes, and 124 single mic shots for an incredible array of tasty tones that cater to both vintage and modern crowds. I can't wait to hear what you guys do with this pack!

Really like that flavor Justin
How do you compare it with your other 2 Marshall cabs ?
Really like this one man
Thanks man! I think this one is the sweet spot in between my other Marshalls. There's less sizzle compared to the M20, but more clarity compared to the Blackjack with vintage H30's. The low end is thick without being boomy, the midrange is more present overall, and the top end has nice articulation without being too fizzy or too dull. This is my Goldilocks Marshall pack.

Back
Top Bottom