Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 4

USB. Mac.
OK. Then the bug is probably happening only under Windows.

I have loaded Beta 4 again, to double check everything, and it is definitively not working

Here is the screen. There is signal only at one channel of the inUSB block (I am sending signal to both) and the signal is not sent to the next blocks
inUSB.jpg
I attach a sample preset that I am using for testing the USB Input

Attachments

• USB Input Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
I know I'm late to the party, but I installed beta 4 on Friday and been tracking all weekend. Tried to use a reamp track and it is not working - Mac Catalina, into Logic 10.5. Rolled back to 12.07 and it worked, but of course, my newly created presets did not work. So I will wait and hope for a fix of this USB issue.

Happy Memorial Day to our Veterans, and thank you for your service.

OK. Then the bug is probably happening only under Windows.

I have loaded Beta 4 again, to double check everything, and it is definitively not working

Here is the screen. There is signal only at one channel of the inUSB block (I am sending signal to both) and the signal is not sent to the next blocks
View attachment 67886
Look again. There is signal coming into the block on both channels, but there is no output from the block. Make sure you have your USB In level turned up.

Look again. There is signal coming into the block on both channels, but there is no output from the block. Make sure you have your USB In level turned up.

Yes, the USB level is turned up.

I've just noted that the upper couple of meters is the input and the lower is the output. There is no output even with the USB out level at +20dB (and the noise gate threshold Off)

None of my presets with USB In block that were working with previous firmware releases is working with 12.08 Public Beta 4. When I revert to Public Beta 3 they work.

Does the preset that I've shared works for reamping in your Windows 10?

Last edited:
Yes, the USB level is turned up.

I've just noted that the upper couple of meters is the input and the lower is the output. There is no output even with the USB out level at +20dB (and the noise gate threshold Off)

None of my presets with USB In block that were working with previous firmware releases is working with 12.08 Public Beta 4. When I revert to Public Beta 3 they work.

Does the preset that I've shared works for reamping in your Windows 10?
Unfortunately, my Windows box is currently having unrelated issues with USB, so I can’t test at the moment.

Check your clock source...
I stand corrected. This is user error on my part. The tuner is fine. o_O:)

I am using SPDIF and had both the clock on my RME interface and the III set to external. I had been swapping between using the RME and the III's clock and forgot to set it back to Internal. The sample rate ended up being lower than 48kHz. Will make sure to keep the III clock on Internal. :cool:

I stand corrected. This is user error on my part. The tuner is fine. o_O:)

I am using SPDIF and had both the clock on my RME interface and the III set to external. I had been swapping between using the RME and the III's clock and forgot to set it back to Internal. The sample rate ended up being lower than 48kHz. Will make sure to keep the III clock on Internal. :cool:
If it helps, all us SPDIF users do this from time to time. :D

Yes, I broke the reamping. I was fixing a bug and inadvertently broke it. It will be fixed for the firmware release.
I've been re-amping daily since installing beta 4 several days ago. However, immediately following the update it stopped working until I restarted the computer (Mac).

Testing out 12.08 beta 4 and a preset I had dialed in sounding great with crystal echoes in the pitch block now is out of control. Runs away at even the lowest settings.

Testing out 12.08 beta 4 and a preset I had dialed in sounding great with crystal echoes in the pitch block now is out of control. Runs away at even the lowest settings.
Check the feedback settings. They might have shifted. Don't forget the master feedback if that type has one.

I had a weird, first-time experience after downloading beta 4 yesterday. Added a new compressor block (studio FB1) to an existing preset and was using the looper block (with Axe Edit running). I had the looper paused and was playing, and, out of the blue, the Axe just starting producing a low level sine wave with no other audio (guitar) coming through. I rebooted, and all was well following the reboot - but hadn't run into this issue on prior versions.
Did anyone find a the answer to this, and i just missed the reply? This happened to me last night except it was a high freq, somewhere probably between 4-6khz. Was tracking in PT11 on my hackintosh, wasn't changing anything on axe side (no bypasses or scene changes), got the pitch thing when i hit record. Guitar sounds still came through; didn't think to bypass anything in my signal flow, but i closed the session and pro tools but sound didn't stop until i power cycled axe. I was using scene 3 which is pretty light (in>amp>cab>comp>out). Axe is playback engine and audio out for computer, was monitoring through axe headphone out.

I'm starting to notice a lot of posts about crystal echos, which i have in my chain, but it was bypassed when this happened.

Attachments

• JK Delay_TS.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last night at band rehearsal my scene I use for my leads would not engage. Number 4, every button on my FC-12 would work but that one. Had to shut down and reboot, never happened before but after reboot it was fine. Glad it wasn't at a show. Maybe a one time fluke? Anyone else have this happen?

Last night at band rehearsal my scene I use for my leads would not engage. Number 4, every button on my FC-12 would work but that one. Had to shut down and reboot, never happened before but after reboot it was fine. Glad it wasn't at a show. Maybe a one time fluke? Anyone else have this happen?
My lurker instincts told me I read something similar before... found this thread, however the affected people seem to have multiple buttons that don't work as opposed to a single one. Might still be related however:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-buttons-not-functioning-but-light-up.158152/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom