Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 4

Anyone else having trouble with their FC6? Main large FC screen has the correct preset listed, but all six of the switch mini-screens are blank. Looks like PP#1 is assigned to everything across the FC (via Axe-Edit), but I hadn't set any at all. Sorry if I missed something relating to this. I've rebooted both the AF3 and FC6 together, and the FC6 by itself and no change. I finally ended up seeing the "Clear All Overrides" under Per-Preset, and after clicking it, all is back to normal. FYI

In regards to the whammy pitch shifter - I notice that when playing a high note - say g on the 15th fret - and applying some subtle vibrato, as the note decays the shifted note wobbles around a bit. I double checked my guitar tuning and my strings are in good condition so those are not contributing factors in this case. Seems like the pitch detector is hearing more pitch movement than I am applying to the note. But otherwise - WOW! Great improvements overall. The reverse compressor with a noise gate to follow it is sustain heaven!
I get similar things, but not only on higher notes.

Thanks for the updates!!! Just a suggestion: In the pitch block can we get a negative octave + dry signal ala digitech drop pedal? You know what else would be cool? Tuning up an octave + dry signal...could this be achieved through the mix knob? Thanks again :)
What @unix-guy said. You can already do that.

Updated to 12:08 Beta 4, and now my AXE FX III is rebooting and refreshing at a snail's pace... AXE Edit will not update changes so I "Refreshed after FW update" in settings and it has been reading block and cabinet names for over a half an hour now. After re-downloading and installing the firmware the AXE FX III's user interface screen slowly fills in one line at a time. Did an emergency utility test on the DDR and it passed. AXE FX III and AXE Edit have both slowed to an almost stand still... Does anyone know what the issue may be?

It's real, the latency is lower now with Beta 4. I measured about 3ms on an A-chord, virtual capo at -7, default settings.

3ms is absolutely bonkers!!!

We can't even perceive that as humans!

When he said the update would take a while i was thinking months or something, not a week! What a machine 👏 💪

Cliff, whatever you been on man, I want some! Bet it's that Canada Dry.....

An observation...I had to reset most of my patch volume levels. Most of the amps, I had to increase the level to get them where they were the same as previous FW versions. Anybody know why this is required?

An observation...I had to reset most of my patch volume levels. Most of the amps, I had to increase the level to get them where they were the same as previous FW versions. Anybody know why this is required?
Did you check to make sure Poweramp modeling isn't disabled?

Updated to 12:08 Beta 4, and now my AXE FX III is rebooting and refreshing at a snail's pace... AXE Edit will not update changes so I "Refreshed after FW update" in settings and it has been reading block and cabinet names for over a half an hour now. After re-downloading and installing the firmware the AXE FX III's user interface screen slowly fills in one line at a time. Did an emergency utility test on the DDR and it passed. AXE FX III and AXE Edit have both slowed to an almost stand still... Does anyone know what the issue may be?
Try a different USB cable or port...

Anyone seeing scene switch lag on high CPU usage presets? With USB disconnected and with the FC connected or not lots of lag. 83.5% Cant say whether or not this was happening in 12.8B3. Been busy and hadn't installed anything since 12 whatever beta in early March. FC6 at FW 1.11 and 3 expression pedals recalibrated after 12.8.B3 last week.

Anyone seeing scene switch lag on high CPU usage presets? With USB disconnected and with the FC connected or not lots of lag. 83.5% Cant say whether or not this was happening in 12.8B3. Been busy and hadn't installed anything since 12 whatever beta in early March. FC6 at FW 1.11 and 3 expression pedals recalibrated after 12.8.B3 last week.
I would think this happens on any firmware over 80%.

Never did that with the previous beta's and had no problem.
If new firmware has certain changes (such as new models/types in a block), Axe-Edit needs to know about those changes. Otherwise it can do things like select the wrong model or type. "Refresh after new FW" is how it learns about those changes.

Back
Top Bottom