Best way to create a solo boost... go!

I use the boost on the amp, also a pre amp boost and power amp boost...plus drive pedals...so many ways.

A real solo volume boost should be after the amp (including amp output level and post).

Anything pre-amp, or in the input/preamp section will probably not cut it in terms of volume jump.

Try it. Multiple ways to skin a cat with this beast....... In my AxeII and AX-8 a filter block was my go to but scene controllers work awesome as well.

A real solo volume boost should be after the amp (including amp output level and post).

Anything pre-amp, or in the input/preamp section will probably not cut it in terms of volume jump.
Depends on what you call "real." And how much gain you're running. E.g., a Plexi running with moderate distortion will get noticeably louder if you give it a front-end boost.

Do you only want to get louder? Or also more or less gain, more cut, and/or wetter/bigger?

You know how to do each of those things I bet, in about a zillion different ways. Try em and see how they feel, in your real mix, at a volume you care about.

I just create a duplicate channel, up the levels, and assign it to a scene. Works fine and doesn’t use addition blocks/cpu.

If I’m looking for it to cut through without raising the levels, I’ll use a GEQ to increase the upper mods.

I have a VolPan block in every preset after the amp/cab for my volume pedal, so I just set up two channels with different output levels or use a modifier on the output level, depending on how the preset is set up. Either way, it goes from -4.5dB to 0dB for solo.

Back
Top Bottom