AFIII VH Modded Marshall

Interchangeable !== identical, though.

EL34 is a true pentode.

6CA7 is a beam power tetrode with roughly equivalent but a little up-rated, tougher specs.

KT77 is a 'kinkless tetrode', the Euro term for a beam power tetrode, again with some improvement in specs.

Screen current draw is generally a lot lower with KT77 and 6CA7, due to the electron stream forming a 'virtual suppressor grid'. They would also show less delta on screen current, which modulates the phase inverter and preamp supllies less - though it would still be a couple tears in a pint of sea water, compared to the plate current delta's effect there.

EL34 is a true pentode.

6CA7 is a beam power tetrode with roughly equivalent but a little up-rated, tougher specs.

KT77 is a 'kinkless tetrode', the Euro term for a beam power tetrode, again with some improvement in specs.

Screen current draw is generally a lot lower with KT77 and 6CA7, due to the electron stream forming a 'virtual suppressor grid'. They would also show less delta on screen current, which modulates the phase inverter and preamp supllies less - though it would still be a couple tears in a pint of sea water, compared to the plate current delta's effect there.
Cool info. Can you translate that into tone and feel for the less well versed please?

EL34 is a true pentode.

I didn't want to go that deep, but these 3 tubes can be used without rebiasing to give a different flavour to one's Tube amplifier without risking blowing it up. I never said they were identical, I said equivalent.

Thanks, Chumbucket! Yes, I am working on it!

Thanks Levi! This is a really good preset. The rawness is of amp with a touch of the phaser just tasteful. Looking forward to your tutorial to gain some insights on how you go abt designing the preset.

Levi- Thank you so much for this excellent preset . Have one question , does anybody have a link to a working AxeFx III version of the PT20 cab block ? All the ones I've been trying have no output ... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong .

Attachments

• PT20.JPG
    PT20.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 32
  • PT20-1.JPG
    PT20-1.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom