Livestreams - Learn the gear, Ask questions - 3-24-24

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
Hey guys.

This thread is a "master thread" for upcoming livestreams.

In general, my livestreams will be casual in nature. I like to take questions often and really focus in on the chat so they get most out of their time.

I'll mostly talk about setup, basics, getting started, the latest Firmware updates (assuming I understand them first!) and similar topics. I'm not a "tone guru" so I won't be showing how to get that specific VH tone or anything like that.

You can watch the stream and chat on YouTube or Twitch - I stream to both at the same time. YouTube Chat though takes 8 - 15 seconds to get to me from the time you hit Enter, so it can delay the experience. Twitch (a site mostly for gaming) has a much more responsive chat and I personally prefer that. So just FYI if it seems I'm taking long to answer questions on YT.

Twitch
https://twitch.tv/axefxtutorials

YouTube
https://youtube.com/axefxtutorials

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

I got to watch a good portion of your "Excerpts" video. Very good content.
I think you are a very good communicator/teacher! You always present good material in a way even I can understand! :)
I think this will help the community gain a better understanding of the switching capabilities.
Hoping in the future that someone does a comprehensive video for the switching FM3, FC-6, FC-12.
With layouts and views there is just so much that can be done!
Nicely done.

I know you have covered a lot already. I was thinking a video or a series that would start with the basics and build from there.
In my case, I recently received my FM3. Around Christmas I got the Axe3 and FC-6.
I want to try and utilize the 3 switches on the FM3, so I downloaded the FM3 Alone layouts.
I'm just getting my feet wet with understanding and changing the layouts.

I don't have a good grasp of how to best use the FC-6.
I think I need to take your advice and write down the most important things I need.
Then sit down and do some programming and testing.
Maybe a common switching approach for the FM3 and Axe3 with FC-6.
Obviously the FC-6 will have more available options with 6 switches.

I know you have covered a lot already. I was thinking a video or a series that would start with the basics and build from there.
In my case, I recently received my FM3. Around Christmas I got the Axe3 and FC-6.
I want to try and utilize the 3 switches on the FM3, so I downloaded the FM3 Alone layouts.
I'm just getting my feet wet with understanding and changing the layouts.

I don't have a good grasp of how to best use the FC-6.
I think I need to take your advice and write down the most important things I need.
Then sit down and do some programming and testing.
Maybe a common switching approach for the FM3 and Axe3 with FC-6.
Obviously the FC-6 will have more available options with 6 switches.
ok i'll think about it!

i already wrote out a few videos - Definitions, Default Layouts, Adjusting Default Layouts and making your own, adding more switches. so i'll get to recording those soon.

Chris, at 41:20 you showed how to use the onboard controls.
I think this is a great thing to know.

Maybe you could show more about that in your upcoming video,
Knobs for View & Layout.

going live in a bit. this is just a hangout, so if you have any questions about the FM3, i'll try to answer them :eek:

Thanks guys!

I was considering doing another one around now for the EU and AU and other U’s of the world hehe. But I’m waiting for he excerpt video to render....

is anyone around at this time?

Just getting ready for work here in the UK so FM3 users may struggle here (I’m an AFII user but great idea of yours for owners of the Newer kit).

good luck.

Here are excerpts from the earlier stream. Check the description on YouTube for a preview of what we discussed. Lots of questions this time! That’s always great!

just finished a casual stream on my other channel and i'll see who's up at this time. it's 10:30pm for me now. gonna hop on with the FM3 again and just hang out for a bit.

Huge appreciation for Chris, not only for this but for everything he does in the Fractal community. One of the most active and helpful members over the many years. You are a legend and live up to the title.

Thanks man!

i have a little time and wanted to hop on stream to answer any FM3 questions and just hang out. i don't have anything planned, so bring your questions and join chat!

gonna talk about Per-Preset switches in a bit.

real-life got in the way of that stream, sorry about that if you were watching. I’ll try to edit an excerpt soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom