Implemented Performance Pages

I'm new to the FM3 (been a Fractal user since 2009 - most of that time with an AxeFX II) and I don't own a AXE III.
I've gigged the FM3 half a dozen times and I agree, the content currently displayed on the FM3 is hard to 'work with' in a live setting.

I just looked at the Leon Todd video about the 'performance page' and, quite frankly, from what was being shown in the video (adding 8 quick access dials from various blocks) I'm underwhelmed by what is being touted.

I must be missing something. Is there any other 'Demo' of the acclaimed "performance page" out there?
Is there stuff like a nice big TEMPO NUMBER that is permanently in the view or bigger scene names and the like? just wondering.

I just looked at the Leon Todd video about the 'performance page' and, quite frankly, from what was being shown in the video (adding 8 quick access dials from various blocks) I'm underwhelmed by what is being touted.
There are 2 pages (Global, Preset) each with 10 controls.

These are completely user-defined.

The Global page is controls that are defined for every preset. The Preset page is controls defined per Preset.

The concept behind them is for quick and convenient adjustments when performing without needing to deep-dive for a particular control... Like you might do with an Amp's BMT knobs, or the Drive control on your OD pedal.

Last edited:
The Performance Page is a killer feature. I actually prefer it to actual hard knobs, such as on the AX8. Being able to map the five rotary knobs to whatever you want makes soundcheck a breeze. I would love to see some FM3-specific display enhancements to increase visibility during a gig. Something like my List Display Zoom mockup.

.... The concept behind them is for quick and convenient adjustments when performing without needing to deep-dive for a particular control... Like you might do with an Amp's BMT knobs, or the Drive control on your OD pedal.

Yeah.
It was rather obvious that's what was going on as soon as Leon 'placed' the first virtual control dial in the view.

I guess my 'go to' information during a performance is more than just easy access tweaking.
The lack of a displayed tempo number (rather than just the flashing light - or burning up an onboard switch/scribble strip for tap tempo just to display a number) and the 'which blocks are currently engaged?' as well as a larger screen font/customizable colors are things that bite me during live 'performances' more than quick access to adjustments.

Although quick access dials can be useful, I was underwhelmed the 'performance page' didn't include other visual and/or user customizable enhancements.

Yeah.
It was rather obvious that's what was going on as soon as Leon 'placed' the first virtual control dial in the view.

I guess my 'go to' information during a performance is more than just easy access tweaking.
The lack of a displayed tempo number (rather than just the flashing light - or burning up an onboard switch/scribble strip for tap tempo just to display a number) and the 'which blocks are currently engaged?' as well as a larger screen font/customizable colors are things that bite me during live 'performances' more than quick access to adjustments.

Although quick access dials can be useful, I was underwhelmed the 'performance page' didn't include other visual and/or user customizable enhancements.
This all just seems like a separate wish to me. You could wish for this and for performance pages to appear on the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom