Headphones ohms

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
Hi there!
Which ohms are preferred with the AX3? 32ohms is usually for cellphones
80ohms for recording with an interface
250ohms is for mixing and audofile use with an headphone amplifier.

Does the AX3 come with an headphone anplifier built in?

Yes, there is a high quality headphone amp built-in.

I use Sennheiser HD-650 headphones which are pretty high impedance and there's no problem.

I just got a pretty good deal on some Sony MDR 7506 headphones. Used a $50 giftcard to bring it down to 39.95. Anyone have any feedback on this? I can still switch if there are better deals.

I just got a pretty good deal on some Sony MDR 7506 headphones. Used a $50 giftcard to bring it down to 39.95. Anyone have any feedback on this? I can still switch if there are better deals.
For that style and price range, there's no shortage of suggestions for the ATH-M50 headphones. They're a classic. I'm not familiar with those Sonys myself, but they seem pretty popular in their own right based on the number of Amazon reviews.

I have been using these for years... I highly recommend them. Be careful though - I believe there was a period when counterfeit phones made it onto the market.

Probably too late at this point, Travis, but I don't recommend the Sony MDR 7506s for use with the Axe. I have a pair that I use for mixing, in conjunction with a Morphit headphone frequency correction plugin in my DAW. But, the Sony's have boosts in high frequency ranges (around 3.5 KHz and from 5 - 10 KHz) that, in my opinion, do not play well with modelers, such as the Axe. In fact, I tend to cut in and around these frequency ranges in my patches to avoid brittleness. The Sony's, when plugged straight into the Axe for practice, etc., serve as brittleness enhancers.

my advice is that you try(different headphones if you can)what what work for other guys maybe its not going to work for you,for example i dont like the Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro or ATH-M50,I have bought many pairs of headphones and (for me)Blue Mo-Fi / 42 ohms sound awesome

Back
Top Bottom