What are your favorite Fender models? (Free IR and Preset)

This sounds incredible. I added a stereo delay and a plex shimmer in parallel and got very lost in ambient land with the band commander..this IR Is special. Big thanks, and lookin forward to the cab pack.
I’m so glad you like it! That’s a really special amp, and the cab pack is on my to-do list for sure. That’s the only IR I shot of it so far, but really looking forward to hearing other mics on it as well.

I just tried it and I've been lost in that preset for a couple hours, the best part is the IR though, it's really great!

I recorded this quick sample after tweaking a bit the preset:

Beautiful clip and nice playing! I really like your approach with the tones.

I don't usually get along with most presets from others.
That's been my experience as well. I usually get this weird frappy, fizzy fuzz on many of them, especially as the note is decaying. Happens with all of my guitars (SC's and HB's) and thru any listen-back source (headphones, FRFR, studio reference monitors). I get that with many of the factory presets as well since getting the III (never happened with my 2XL). Most of the drive pedals frap out as well in front of most of the amps I put them in front of - tried reducing the gain, using low cut, decreasing bass, dropping the input level on Input 1 down to as low 30%....no joy. No clue what causes it so I've kinda stopped using the drive pedals in many of my presets and use the input boost in the Preamp section instead. Get the same with Justin's patch here, although, I've been able to reduce the frizzy frap by dropping the input trim down to .500 - and it sounds fantastic. You pretty much expect to have to do a bit of tweaking on other people's presets but I've long wondered if there's something going on with my III or, after nearly 5 decades of playing, my ears are finally just too shot.

Justin, that IR is a thing of beauty! Thank you so much for sharing it. That's the clean tone I hear in my head (you know, when the voices are on a smoke break). I particularly dig the Bassman and Bandmaster.

I like the Double Verb Normal with the drive pulled back to about 4.5, Bright Switch On and the rest stock. I use the York Audio DXVB112 Mix 09 cab and a big Chorus Reverb on it. Musicman Luke 3 with the pickup in position 2 and it sounds wonderful.

I really like the York Audio Impulse Responses they really are superb.

Here's a preset I've been playing with along with an IR I just shot of a '59 Bassman 4x10. If you swap out any amps, just make sure you set the impedance curve to the 4x10 Bassguy. There are some different drives, delays, and reverbs to play with (Spring, Plate, Ambient, and Nonlinear). You'll have to tweak the amps for your guitars and style, but I think they sound pretty great with my Tele and Strat.

It's been a lot of fun diving into these amps. The Band Commander completely slipped my mind, but that thing just made its way into my top 5 Fender amps for sure.

Enjoy the preset and IR.

Thanks for posting this. It sounded wonderful.

FYI, I noticed that the included CAB did not require any adjustment to the lower frequencies and is set to 20 Hz. When I tried it w/my patches I had to set it down to 20 Hz also...otherwise it did not have enough low end. Normally on Fenders I have to set the IR's low end to from 85-100 Hz (this includes the IR's I've purchased from you)...

FYI, I noticed that the included CAB did not require any adjustment to the lower frequencies and is set to 20 Hz. When I tried it w/my patches I had to set it down to 20 Hz also...otherwise it did not have enough low end. Normally on Fenders I have to set the IR's low end to from 85-100 Hz (this includes the IR's I've purchased from you)...
Yeah, that's one of the reason I like this cab, it seems to be a nice middle-ground between a typical close mic IR and a far-field IR, it doesn't have the mid-scoop and overwhelming lows of the former nor the mid-emphasis of the latter.
I wonder if it was captured at a certain distance from the speaker or if it's just the nature of this particular cab.

That's been my experience as well. I usually get this weird frappy, fizzy fuzz on many of them, especially as the note is decaying. Happens with all of my guitars (SC's and HB's) and thru any listen-back source (headphones, FRFR, studio reference monitors). I get that with many of the factory presets as well since getting the III (never happened with my 2XL). Most of the drive pedals frap out as well in front of most of the amps I put them in front of - tried reducing the gain, using low cut, decreasing bass, dropping the input level on Input 1 down to as low 30%....no joy. No clue what causes it so I've kinda stopped using the drive pedals in many of my presets and use the input boost in the Preamp section instead. Get the same with Justin's patch here, although, I've been able to reduce the frizzy frap by dropping the input trim down to .500 - and it sounds fantastic. You pretty much expect to have to do a bit of tweaking on other people's presets but I've long wondered if there's something going on with my III or, after nearly 5 decades of playing, my ears are finally just too shot.

Have you tried cutting low end in the Amp's input EQ? I wonder if the front end of the amp is getting too much bass and distorting quicker. I could be completely off on that, but cleaning up the low end going into an amp tends to make them behave a little nicer.

A couple things come into play here. The IR is a single 57. Not having a ribbon or condenser mic blended with it makes the low end less prominent, so you may want to check out some single mics in other cab packs if you like the low end of this one. Also, it's a very bright 10" speaker with less low end than your typical 12" speaker. It's a different animal altogether, but it's gonna be fun throwing some more mics at it. To be honest though, I'm having a lot of fun with that one IR. The Band Commander is currently holding my favorite Fender spot.

Yeah, that's one of the reason I like this cab, it seems to be a nice middle-ground between a typical close mic IR and a far-field IR, it doesn't have the mid-scoop and overwhelming lows of the former nor the mid-emphasis of the latter.
I wonder if it was captured at a certain distance from the speaker or if it's just the nature of this particular cab.

That's just a close-mic'd capture. Nothing fancy about it. It's nice when the cab doesn't make you work too hard to get a great tone.

Here's a preset I've been playing with along with an IR I just shot of a '59 Bassman 4x10. If you swap out any amps, just make sure you set the impedance curve to the 4x10 Bassguy. There are some different drives, delays, and reverbs to play with (Spring, Plate, Ambient, and Nonlinear). You'll have to tweak the amps for your guitars and style, but I think they sound pretty great with my Tele and Strat.

It's been a lot of fun diving into these amps. The Band Commander completely slipped my mind, but that thing just made its way into my top 5 Fender amps for sure.

Enjoy the preset and IR.
I am looking forward to this Bassman showing up for purchase on your web site. I’ll be all over that one!

my favorite fender is the Mesa Boogie Lonestar :neutral: don't see the need to use anything else unless it's just to pull it up and abuse it, the fender power amps fall apart in fun ways when you push them past the edge, the Lonestar drive channel does that same melting-power-amp sound all within the preamp, with higher range treble and bass pots range, it's a chug monster just by turning up treble knob to get enough pick attack. Texas Tone!

I’m definitely going to make a pack for that cab at some point. This thread wasn’t meant to promote anything or tease though. I just wanted to share something I thought was cool that sounded great with the Fender amps. :)
Yea I know, just trying to have some fun. I will purchase it when it comes out though and the tones sound great too, I downloaded the preset. Thanks 🙂

I went on a fun adventure the last few days with some Fenders.

I started out really exploring the 65 Bassman, especially the Normal channel and shutting off the bright switch. I found it could crank up really nicely too. My friend's dad as a kid had a blackface Bassman which I borrowed for a while running into a 4x12 Marshall, and it would break up at low volumes (for a punk rock kid anyway).

Then I started screwing around with the Tweed Deluxe and found I could get an awesome really overdriven tone out of it. I could also drop the gain and get a pretty good clean tone and edge of breakup as well. So now I have a patch set up that uses scene controllers to swap between a few different gain settings of the Tweed Deluxe to go from clean to breakup to overdrive, then a second amp set to a Friedman HBE for high gain.

Here's a preset I've been playing with along with an IR I just shot of a '59 Bassman 4x10.
Enjoy the preset and IR.

Hi Justin!

Please shoot this cab and release it as one of your packs through your site, I'd love to be able to use it and I believe other non-Fractal users would as well.

Take care, y'all, be safe and keep on rockin'!

I’ve always been partial to the Deluxe Reverb models, but lately felt like branching out. The 5F8 Tweed and 59 Bassguy have become a couple new favorites.

What models have you guys been liking lately?

Edit: Attached Preset and IR. If you use the IR with your own presets, make sure to set the impedance curve to 4x10 Bassguy

Hi. This is my first time importing a third party IR into Logic. Forgive me if this question seems ultra-easy to solve.
What sample rate are these Bassman IRs?

Hi. This is my first time importing a third party IR into Logic. Forgive me if this question seems ultra-easy to solve.
What sample rate are these Bassman IRs?
If I posted it on here, it’s probably in .syx and .ir format to use with Fractal products, so it wouldn’t work “as is” in Logic.

The full pack available at www.yorkaudio.co contains 96k, 48k, and 44.1k files that will work in your Logic session with your preferred IR loader.

I hope this helps!
-Justin

There are a few. I agree on the cranked Twins, in particular the 5F8. But recently had to work up some Terry Kath stuff. Try the 5F1 Tweed EC. For the over-the-top guitar on “I’m A Man,” that thing pretty much nails it. Gain for days, all falling apart beautifully.

Is there any way to split this into two presets so I could use it in my FM3? Since this preset uses eight amp models across two amp blocks.

Back
Top Bottom