FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.02

I pulled down Bergs patch from the AFX3 forum.....he has got the Unchained thing going on there pretty sweeeet :)
Works great !

@BryantP I'm having an issue with this preset (attached) freexing the FM3 any time I change to it from another preset. If I power cycle the FM3 it loads but if i try change scenes it freezes again.

Attachments

• LT Broken Preset.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
@BryantP I'm having an issue with this preset (attached) freexing the FM3 any time I change to it from another preset. If I power cycle the FM3 it loads but if i try change scenes it freezes again.

is this just a stock factory preset?
Matt mentioned on TGP that there was one preset they had issues with crashing FM3 sounds like you may have found it

here is the post

There is one factory preset that has been reported to crash the FM3. It will be fixed in a new version of the presets next week.

i've updated my Block CPU Usage Estimate chart. it includes 1.01 and the difference between 1.02 and 1.01. also note that i went through 1.01 again to fix some errors.

also look for the -- to indicate new Types in blocks that weren't available in 1.01.

1.02 tends to use more CPU in many blocks, so be sure to audition all your presets before performing. Reverb in particular uses about 1% more CPU.

https://axefxtutorials.com/fm3/fm3-block-cpu-usage-estimates/

i can't load that preset. i found a factory preset with the same name and it loads for me and changes scenes.

did you adjust the preset you posted? can you remember any changes if so?

Last edited:
i can't load that preset. i found a factory preset with the same name and it loads for me and changes scenes.

did you adjust the preset you posted? can you remember any changes if so?

That's something I cooked up, I wasn't aware there was a factory preset with that name! I've changed the name and reuploaded. Sorry about the confusion there.

Last edited:
That's something I cooked up, I wasn't aware there was a factory preset with that name! I've changed the name and reuploaded. Sorry about the confusion there.
hmm still can't load it on 1.02. i'm going to flash down to 1.01 and try there to see if i can load and figure something out.

edit -
ok well 1.01 doesn't freeze but it doesn't load anything. Axe3 does load the preset. lemme see.

edit 2 -
exporting from the Axe3, then loading to the FM3 works in 1.01. weird. will have to flash back to 1.02 soon.

edit 3 -
ok i think it's the Delay block. deleting it seems to restore usability.

@2112 can you try loading this preset. it's your broken preset loaded into the Axe3, Delay block deleted, then exported.

edit 4 -
while deleting the delay block improved things, i'm having trouble with the amp block now. hmm.

Attachments

• LT - No Delay.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
hmm still can't load it on 1.02. i'm going to flash down to 1.01 and try there to see if i can load and figure something out.

edit -
ok well 1.01 doesn't freeze but it doesn't load anything. Axe3 does load the preset. lemme see.

edit 2 -
exporting from the Axe3, then loading to the FM3 works in 1.01. weird. will have to flash back to 1.02 soon.

edit 3 -
ok i think it's the Delay block. deleting it seems to restore usability.

@2112 can you try loading this preset. it's your broken preset loaded into the Axe3, Delay block deleted, then exported.

edit 4 -
while deleting the delay block improved things, i'm having trouble with the amp block now. hmm.

I loaded it up, saved it, added the delay back, saved, moved to a new preset and back and it seems ok. I'll play with it a bit longer to see if it does weird things again.

I loaded it up, saved it, added the delay back, saved, moved to a new preset and back and it seems ok. I'll play with it a bit longer to see if it does weird things again.
I’ve reported some details to the devs. We’re looking into it as well.

I pulled down Bergs patch from the AFX3 forum.....he has got the Unchained thing going on there pretty sweeeet :)
Works great !

isn’t it awesome Cliff and the team did an amazing job with the Flanger Phaser blocks they are spot on the classics
the MXF and stripe 90 is instant EVH
the FAS Vibe w a bit of tremolo is just
has that swamp thang

Last edited:
i've updated my Block CPU Usage Estimate chart. it includes 1.01 and the difference between 1.02 and 1.01. also note that i went through 1.01 again to fix some errors.

also look for the -- to indicate new Types in blocks that weren't available in 1.01.

1.02 tends to use more CPU in many blocks, so be sure to audition all your presets before performing. Reverb in particular uses about 1% more CPU.

https://axefxtutorials.com/fm3/fm3-block-cpu-usage-estimates/
Thanks Chris, very useful chart! It could be even more useful by also adding the cpu usage on the axe fx III, I can do it (since I have lot of spare time these days) and send you the chart, if it's ok for you ;)

Thanks Chris, very useful chart! It could be even more useful by also adding the cpu usage on the axe fx III, I can do it (since I have lot of spare time these days) and send you the chart, if it's ok for you ;)
Hmm have the Axe3 cpu on the FM3 chart?

why do the views keep changing every time i press the Master layout? It changes from 9 to 2.
thanks in advance
There are only 4 Views maximum. I don’t understand the question.

Well, even a separate comparison chart if you don't want to put that info there. Anyway, if you think it'd be superfluous never mind
I’ve wanted to do a separate Axe3 chart. I personally wouldn’t put the data on the same chart as the FM3. It takes a lot of time.

Back
Top Bottom