[fixed] Bug: Astable waveform is, unstable?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I finally got around to dial in my phaser and flanger sounds after the big update those blocks got a while back. Anyway, when trying to clone the MXR Phase 90, I notice that the astable waveform seems kinda buggy. When selecting the waveform, changing the astable beta, or using the LFO reset, the waveform does all kinds of weird things. It might sweep to the top and stay there for a while, it might sweep down to the bottom, freeze, or start with a small sweep and then get wider and wider by each cycle. Can anybody confirm this?

Just like a real one would if you were to change those things on-the-fly. There's already a Phase 90 model in there, use that.

Just like a real one would if you were to change those things on-the-fly. There's already a Phase 90 model in there, use that.
The other waveforms I tried didn't behave that way. Are you saying it's the nature of the beast, or perhaps a bug? I mean, not being able to use the LFO reset is kind of a bummer.

The other waveforms I tried didn't behave that way. Are you saying it's the nature of the beast, or perhaps a bug? I mean, not being able to use the LFO reset is kind of a bummer.
Nature of the beast. If you tried to reset a "real" astable it would do the same thing. It's an oscillator, if you introduce a transient into it it will take a while to settle.

Nature of the beast. If you tried to reset a "real" astable it would do the same thing. It's an oscillator, if you introduce a transient into it it will take a while to settle.
I hate to kick a dead horse, but I still think something is amiss with the phaser block. When switching from a non astable channel or type (like a digital mono etc) to a channel using the astable waveform, the same weird behaviours are exhibiting. Waveform sticking to the top or bottom of the sweep for quite some time if one is switching to a slow phase 90 sound is not really ideal in a live situation.

I took another look at this and figured out a way to do it that won't cause the waveform to wander when switching.
13977d399e0c834fbb0dc00192cc798a3d585d1a77042634bf29fbf9715425a6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom