FM3 Now Shipping

These states have now issued Stay-at-Home orders:
California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, and West Virginia.

It won't be long before other states join in. That probably includes New Hampshire. So the shipping of product could end soon if I am understanding this correctly.

California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, and West Virginia.

It won't be long before other states join in. That probably includes New Hampshire. So the shipping of product could end soon if I am understanding this correctly.

I also heard here in Canada Amazon is likely going to stop shipping no essential items possibly UPS and Fedex following suit soon

crazyguy.gif

Shipping and mail services are usually exempt from those Stay at Home orders because some individuals get their medical products and prescriptions delivered.

Also, this is where everyone is getting EVERYTHING these days. I can’t imagine them cutting off that lifeline, when nobody is allowed to leave their homes.

Except we can get Fractal Audio classified as a critical supplier. I live in Michigan where everything has been shut down. But my place of employment is still open because we support multiple "critical" suppliers to the food, beverage industries. An FM3 is necessary support for my mental health, so they will get an exemption to a shut-down order should one come.

it’s mainly places that have public access at this point that are shut down. Manufacturing facilities are still operating for the time being (at least in MA). Shipping is still happening. Many places have decided to temporarily shut down or reduce staff on their own depending on how they can or cannot maintain social distancing. Others have been able to keep operating and feel safe doing so with proper precautions.

Shipping and mail services are usually exempt from those Stay at Home orders because some individuals get their medical products and prescriptions delivered.
I assumed it wouldn't be the shipping service being shut down, but Fractal themselves told to stop going into the office for the period of the shutdown.

Yes, we are under "shelter in place" here, however, as of this moment USPS and UPS are still in full operation here (and by here I mean NYC). Mail, UPS, and other random stuff have been delivered all week. Even this morning we had deliveries in my building.

So if they can make it here... "they can make it anywhere..." (queue Frank).

Of course, another couple/few weeks that could all change, maybe even this week, but "for now", we're good.

Peace

Except we can get Fractal Audio classified as a critical supplier. I live in Michigan where everything has been shut down. But my place of employment is still open because we support multiple "critical" suppliers to the food, beverage industries. An FM3 is necessary support for my mental health, so they will get an exemption to a shut-down order should one come.

I am in the exact situation. I am in Michigan and my employer is a critical supplier for the same reason; but being in engineering I am working from home. Where in Michigan are you located? I am in Lansing.

I admire your optimism and I guess they have about 14 weeks to fulfil 2nd quarter.

How long did Europe have to wait for the AX8 after US release?
I cannot tell as I ordered my AX 8 in the summer of 2018 when there was no waitlist 🤷‍♂️😀 But while waiting for the FM 3 I have completed my little pedalboard which I use with my classicrock Band and with my Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and my Kool 2x12 cabinet it sounds fabulous 🤩 the FM 3 will also be good for producing music with my iPad and beatmaker 3.

Attachments

• DSC_1323.JPG
    DSC_1323.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 35
  • DSC_1280_1582386238179.JPG
    DSC_1280_1582386238179.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1283.JPG
    DSC_1283.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 30
I assumed it wouldn't be the shipping service being shut down, but Fractal themselves told to stop going into the office for the period of the shutdown.
Hopefully this is not the case, my shipping label for my fm3 was created yesterday morning and still hasn’t been brought to the depot or picked up.

I am in the exact situation. I am in Michigan and my employer is a critical supplier for the same reason; but being in engineering I am working from home. Where in Michigan are you located? I am in Lansing.

I have friends in Lansing. I visit them often.

Great tone is essential. Fractal makes devices for great tone: Therefore, Fractal products should qualify as an essential service under Federal guidelines: Fractal maintains safe practices in house: Fedex, UPS and USPS are considered essential services and will continue to operate (last I checked). So that life saver FM3 may well still find its way in these challenging times to tone deficient patients (As well as tone hoarders). Wipe down the exterior of the package with disinfectant before opening. Destroy any remaining unwanted microbes with crushing power chords.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is not the case, my shipping label for my fm3 was created yesterday morning and still hasn’t been brought to the depot or picked up.

I’m very certain that FAS is a pickup location. Your label must have been printed after yesterday’s pickup. It’ll probably ship later today.

It was printed before 1 pm yesterday. I work for the other delivery service, so I’m a tracking nut. I know here in jersey we have stay at home order in place, but we are still operating as normal minds pickup deliveries to companies that closed their doors for now

I'm in Saline.

I have the option to work at home, but at this point it doesn't seem worth it. My 17 year old works for a pizza place and my 21 year old works for a grocery store, so they're both still working. My initial reaction yesterday was to ask them to stop working and hunker down as a family until things seem safe. But, then my sense of civic responsibility overtook my fear and family-protection instinct, and I realized they needed to keep working, especially the one at the grocery store. I figure that if I'm going to be really exposed it will be through him. My only concern then is that I might infect my co-workers should I become infected (I don't want to be the weak link so to speak). At this point my boss has elected to take that risk (I'm in engineering which includes supporting our shop guys).

It was printed before 1 pm yesterday. I work for the other delivery service, so I’m a tracking nut. I know here in jersey we have stay at home order in place, but we are still operating as normal minds pickup deliveries to companies that closed their doors for now

Maybe labels are printed along with packing slips and then passed along to someone else to pack. I don’t know. This is all speculation, but I’m sure they’ll get it out today. 👍🏻

I'm in Saline.

I have the option to work at home, but at this point it doesn't seem worth it. My 17 year old works for a pizza place and my 21 year old works for a grocery store, so they're both still working. My initial reaction yesterday was to ask them to stop working and hunker down as a family until things seem safe. But, then my sense of civic responsibility overtook my fear and family-protection instinct, and I realized they needed to keep working, especially the one at the grocery store. I figure that if I'm going to be really exposed it will be through him. My only concern then is that I might infect my co-workers should I become infected (I don't want to be the weak link so to speak). At this point my boss has elected to take that risk (I'm in engineering which includes supporting our shop guys).

Preventing you infecting your co-workers, especially because you have some pretty obvious vectors to get infected yourself, is exactly why people are recommending working from home if you can. Sounds like some of your work requires being there in person, so you and your boss will have to make that call. But it sounded like your mindset was that working from home was to prevent you getting sick, and it's not, it's to prevent you continuing to spread it to others.

Reactions: AZG
Back
Top Bottom