New amp models

Framus Cobra crunch channel with and without the notch. I know it's based off of the SLO but the couple I've owned sounded nothing like a SLO on this channel, which is one of the most brutal I've ever heard.

Framus Cobra crunch channel with and without the notch. I know it's based off of the SLO but the couple I've owned sounded nothing like a SLO on this channel, which is one of the most brutal I've ever heard.

the Crunch is based off a Jcm800
the lead channel is SLO
it a Bandaxall tone stack thats one of the key differences

Rivera Knucklehead amps are great, or even the Mick Thompson signature Rivera. I have a Rivera Knucklehead Tre that has always gotten rave reviews when friend tried it. Those Rivera amps are far too unknown and underrated .

One that I've wanted for several years is the Tony Iommi signature Laney TI100. That amp actually surprised me more than I thought it would, sounds incredible.

It would also be great to have all of the channels modeled on these amps, namely the high gain one's like the Mesa recto or Bogner Uberschall which aren't know for their clean channel necessarily, but have a particular sound about them nonetheless. I've always appreciated the idea of having a preset dedicated to a particular amp where there is a uniformity to all of the amp channels, like my "Herbert Rig" preset where I basically wanted to recreate the Diezel Herbert is a single preset. I am not personally tech savvy enough to make the clean tone I used super close to a Diezel Herbert. I'm sure there's a way, but I don't know it. A lot of these high gain heads have GREAT clean channels when dialed in correctly , in my opinion, that usually seem to be beefier than most traditional clean amps. It would be nice if all of the channels were modeled on every current amp in the Axe FX.

I would like a VHT Pitbull UL , Orange TH and OR series amps, Sunn (Cliff had mentioned possibly doing the Model T), Randall RG and some of the Fortin series, I don’t think we have Dumble SSS based model... there are others I can think of... I do think those listed are unique enough that they would add “Something“ to the library.

Asking for more models is not saying what we have isn’t awesome. It’s a reasonable request Cliff himself, is open to it and has put some in, so some folk’s responses here seem weirdly defensive to me... There are certainly no gaping holes in the extensive collection we have and it could stop now and I don’t think anyone would be left wanting too badly. ;) HonestlY, it is just fun to get a new one to play with sometimes and sometimes they become your new fave (for now).
I would love to have a Dumble 150w SSS model. I had a Welagen 100w SSS that was absolutely amazing. Throw a tube screamer in front of it and and grab a Strat and you had instant SRV. I now have a Welagen ODS with an SSS type front end, but it's still not quite the same. The ODS models just don't don't quite get there.

I'm a big fan of the Fryette amps and would love to see some models added. The UL, 100CL, and Sig:X would be awesome additions (but I understand that those schematics aren't readily available) :cry:.

I would love to have a Dumble 150w SSS model. I had a Welagen 100w SSS that was absolutely amazing. Throw a tube screamer in front of it and and grab a Strat and you had instant SRV. I now have a Welagen ODS with an SSS type front end, but it's still not quite the same. The ODS models just don't don't quite get there.

Someone made a post on recreating the SSS and it sounds pretty incredible, especially at high volume. I know it's not the same as a new model, but it should hold you over for the time being!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-to-make-dumble-steel-string-singer-preset.129803/

I’m not an expert with leslie’s either. So take my opinion for what it’s worth...but my first reaction was that it didn’t sound as good as I expected it to...maybe I just need to take a deeper dive. Playing around with stuff like the Mvintage Rotary from Melda - have always thought that sounded really great.
Melda's rotary plugins are great.

Here is the block settings file for what I came up with for Leslie, after a little research to get realistic low and high speed values. It seems pretty close, to my ear, to a standard 122 cab. I'd love to have a couple hours with Gregg Allman's Leslies. His rotor/horn speeds seem a bit different from standard, like maybe a pulley size was swapped in there or something.

Also would love for there to be a 'Doppola' model in there....

I have mentioned it in another thread, but the early '50s script grille GA-20 Les Paul amp is a killer. 6SJ7 octal pentode preamps, 6V6 outputs, with a third 6V6 to make the tremolo wobble. There is a marginally readable schematic out there. The alnico Jensen in them has a touch more clarity than a 5E3 Deluxe, and the amp has great touch sensitive grind when wound up a bit....
nierkwzin0aud1c7j36e.jpg

I would love to see some vintage Traynor amps too - YBA1, 2 and 3 (and custom special), YGM3, @iaresee what did I forget?
You can morph the Bassman and Plexi models into YBA and YGMs. Change the power tubes to match and then up the transformer mis-match and you'll be very close to what these amps were topology-wise.

Some IRs of these vintage speakers would be really nice. I think they largely used speakers that Yorkville Sound manufactured so they were somewhat unique.

Reference: https://reverb.com/news/a-guide-to-vintage-traynor-amps

You can morph the Bassman and Plexi models into YBA and YGMs. Change the power tubes to match and then up the transformer mis-match and you'll be very close to what these amps were topology-wise.

Some IRs of these vintage speakers would be really nice. I think they largely used speakers that Yorkville Sound manufactured so they were somewhat unique.

Reference: https://reverb.com/news/a-guide-to-vintage-traynor-amps
I just got my Axe a few weeks ago. Can you explain how you morph two models together?

I just got my Axe a few weeks ago. Can you explain how you morph two models together?
I meant "morph" as in, start with an existing model and make it like another amp by changing values. Not "morph" as in blend two models. The Traynors were almost exact replicas of Fender and Marshall circuits, but with beefier transformers. Their "thing" was that they were incredibly rugged Bassman and JTM circuits that could take a beating. And, of course, they had their own custom speakers to give them a voice that was more their own.

Though, you can "morph" two amps into one by running them in parallel and using a mixer block attached to an expression pedal to blend them, continuously, in different amounts. @clarky wrote about how to do this for the Axe-Fx II and it mostly applies to the III as well. You can see his tutorial here.

I'm about to sit down and play some Catan with the family. After that I can work up a III preset that details how you do this on the III with a mixer block and an expression pedal.

Back
Top Bottom