FRFR Comparison - Friedman ASM -12 vs. QSCK12.2

Gaetano Comerci

Hi All - I'm looking to upgrade FRFR and these two options are on the table for me. Can anyone provide some insight from their experience with the two?

Thanks,
Guy

I've heard the Friedman is dark ,don't know, never tried. I had the qsc 12.2 ,it was bright for me, there very loud.

I owned the qsc 10.2 for a few months, and tho it sounds pretty decent and loud i just could never find the sweet spot. i kept tweaking the eq on the speaker but it just never felt comfortable.
I currently own the friedman asc10 and what a difference. To my ears feels and sounds more like an amp.
So in my opinion id go friedman.
just keep in mind that friedman is a bit heavier than qsc.

Friedman ASM-12 is my preferred cabinet at this time. Ive done passive XiTone, Atomic CLR, Yamaha ZLX-12P real guitar cabs and Celestion F12-200. This is an opinion everyone has one. I lean towards big filling sound. ASM-12 is good if you want a lot of warmth from the cabinet its self. You can cut out whatever frequencies you don't want with your EQ. Its huge heavy and the handle is in the wrong place. Plenty loud enough for any venue. Never tried QSC speaker but whatever it is I would lean towards a traditional birch plywood cabinet. Plastic cabinets don't sound like wood cabinets. Cant say anything Ive tried sounded bad but they all have good and bad points.

Friedman ASM-12 is my preferred cabinet at this time. Ive done passive XiTone, Atomic CLR, Yamaha ZLX-12P real guitar cabs and Celestion F12-200. This is an opinion everyone has one. I lean towards big filling sound. ASM-12 is good if you want a lot of warmth from the cabinet its self. You can cut out whatever frequencies you don't want with your EQ. Its huge heavy and the handle is in the wrong place. Plenty loud enough for any venue. Never tried QSC speaker but whatever it is I would lean towards a traditional birch plywood cabinet. Plastic cabinets don't sound like wood cabinets. Cant say anything Ive tried sounded bad but they all have good and bad points.

I've got nothing but praise for the sounds that came out of this thing but the bolded part was why I got rid of it. I had trouble getting it through some doors, it was quite clumsy to carry. So not that gig friendly

I have the Friedman ASC-12 (put some casters on it) and a Headrush 112. To my ears the combo sounds very nice.

I have the QSC KW122 and it absolutely rocks, i tried a Friedman and it wasn't even close in my opinion, plus the cabinet is real wood ,super loud and super clear an absolute jem in my opinion

Not to muddy the waters, but I started with the ASM-12 and it sounded great, especially with hard rock/metal tones but there was a midrange bump and a shrill top end I could never dialed out. From there, I went to a QSC K-10 which was even more bright on the top end and caused ear fatigue after 15-20 minutes. On a recommendation from some of the forum members here, I ended up with a yamaha DXR-10 and love it. I highly recommend this speaker for use with a modeler.

Back
Top Bottom