Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
China had ZERO new cases today. Meanwhile "Post Malone" doesn't cancel his concert with 18,000 people in attendance. In Colorado of all places, one of the epicenters.
China reported zero new cases. That's not the same thing as "had", especially if Xi Jinping's standing depends on the outcome.

Foolish because their healthcare systems will get overloaded and many more will die due to inability to receive treatment.
The whole response is designed to stop that happening.

Yes it’s very risky but i Think in the long run it might be better for when the second wave hits.
Our peak is expected in June perhaps late May But it looks like the virus is outpacing the model so it might be brought forward. They are aiming for 40% immunity....which probably includes me so if I don’t post anymore over the next couple of months then you’ll know why.
You can’t save everyone during A Global pandemic. Every country around the world is going to have many many deaths.

Last edited:
Lombardy, the region with the vast majority of infections, the "Italian Hubei".
They're currently transferring people to hospitals in other regions which still have free ICU beds (even a couple here in Sicily, 1600 km away).
There are about 4000 ICU beds in the whole country but that number should be almost doubled soon thanks to the donation from China and new temporary hospitals being built.

But at this rate a collapse of the entire health system isn't too far away sadly, especially if an outbreak in the southern regions (where the health system is a lot worse than Lombardy) starts in the next few days as expected.
Lombardy had both highest frequency of reported infected AND death rate. Worst case, correlated with higher pollution areas...

Ab​
Infected​
Death​
Infected rate​
Letality rate​
Death rate​
Lombardia​
10000000​
12000​
1000​
0,12%​
8,33%​
0,01%​
Friuli​
1000000​
300​
10​
0,03%​
3,33%​
0,001%​

I've heard the opposite, stores are running out of condoms and with people being confined to home, it will create a population explosion?

yes, I really did hear that today
my local law enforcement.. arrested a guy, who posted bail... claimed he had symptoms of covid... and then the hunt for him... found him... declaired he tested negative.. all 6 officers who came in contact with him that were temporary quarantined were cleared... now the guy is back in jail... because additional information became available after he posted bond

Some of the other forums I frequent with COVID-19 threads have mentioned isolated incidents of crazies running around coughing and sneezing on people trying to incite panic and riots. Seems like ripe times for these types. Imagine the ISIS message boards encouraging their disciples to get infected and start infecting? Suisneezers? Biocide coughers? Running loose in a hospital or old folks home? Then they find a way to impregnate the polymers used to print the AARP cards they send out monthly with viroids that activate when they come in contact with the oils on your skin??! Our overall response here in the US certainly makes one thing clear- we’re not ready for the next conventional or unconventional war. So vulnerable.

Imagine the ISIS message boards encouraging their disciples to get infected and start infecting?

In one of the viral apocalypse books I've read, a terrorist creates a 99.9% fatal virus,
let's an 18 wheeler full of mosquitoes gorge on infected blood, then drives to the middle
of the US and releases them. Took less than 2 weeks to spread across the entire planet.

The story didn't end well.

Some of the other forums I frequent with COVID-19 threads have mentioned isolated incidents of crazies running around coughing and sneezing on people trying to incite panic and riots. Seems like ripe times for these types. Imagine the ISIS message boards encouraging their disciples to get infected and start infecting? Suisneezers? Biocide coughers? Running loose in a hospital or old folks home? Then they find a way to impregnate the polymers used to print the AARP cards they send out monthly with viroids that activate when they come in contact with the oils on your skin??! Our overall response here in the US certainly makes one thing clear- we’re not ready for the next conventional or unconventional war. So vulnerable.

This is adding to panic. Totally unnecessary.

Do any of you monitor your local amateur radio repeaters? There has been a lot of interesting and at times entertaining chat there. The 20m band from all over the world is fascinating as well if you want a real account of what’s happening on the ground.

In one of the viral apocalypse books I've read, a terrorist creates a 99.9% fatal virus,
let's an 18 wheeler full of mosquitoes gorge on infected blood, then drives to the middle
of the US and releases them. Took less than 2 weeks to spread across the entire planet.

The story didn't end well.

first off how do you catch an 18 wheeler worth of mosquitos
i cant even catch one in my house

Unfortunately there are still a LOT of people that think this is not serious and are continuing with life as usual. They are in for a very rude awakening over the next couple weeks.

Last week was when things got real. This week is when panic will set in. Some will learn of friends, acquaintances or family members who have become infected. Some will die. News will leak out about all the field hospitals being constructed and quarantine camps. Worldwide death toll will surpass 20K. Stock market will plunge another 20%.

This is a pandemic. Plain and simple. It will kill thousands, perhaps millions unless it is taken seriously. It may already be too late. The 1968 flu pandemic killed 1M. The Spanish flu killed upwards of 50M, maybe more. Statistically this disease is as serious as both of those, maybe worse. WAKE UP!

Unfortunately there are still a LOT of people that think this is not serious and are continuing with life as usual. They are in for a very rude awakening over the next couple weeks.

Last week was when things got real. This week is when panic will set in. Some will learn of friends, acquaintances or family members who have become infected. Some will die. News will leak out about all the field hospitals being constructed and quarantine camps. Worldwide death toll will surpass 20K. Stock market will plunge another 20%.

This is a pandemic. Plain and simple. It will kill thousands, perhaps millions unless it is taken seriously. It may already be too late. The 1968 flu pandemic killed 1M. The Spanish flu killed upwards of 50M, maybe more. Statistically this disease is as serious as both of those, maybe worse. WAKE UP!

Lets hope your death toll predication is wrong and its doesn't double by weeks end , Stock market should consider a possible shut down like after 911 if it starts to lose agin this week

Up in Canada they are taking it pretty seriously , 80% of people are now starting to work from home , and we have set up local testing facilities
doing 300 tests a day , travel restrictions placed and public places and city offices are now closed , Nursing and retirement home access has been cut to all but essential staff who are being tested daily let hope and pray that we have heeded the warning soon enough

Sadly, there are STILL people who are happy to take the $500 all inclusive trip with their families because its a great deal :(

no matter what the outcome of the virus, this will change the way we were doing things permanently imo. public access facilities and events televised instead of maintaining huge physical structures for the public- companies finding out that people can work from home - schools over the internet etc... I've noticed and others have also mentioned, things seem to be geared toward more people staying at home in recent years anyways. some high end companies are already using vr for meetings etc....

some of this could be a conspiracy theory or sci-fi and imagination, but some is also grounded in reality - one thing for sure though, things will not remain the same forever

Since the world is going to end very soon (according to most on this thread), it’s high time to lighten up...

Was thinking. If there really was a grand design to everything, one detail got messed up.
Any fluids we expel from our mouths or noses that are produced by our bodies should be neon pink.
Would have made it so much easier when it comes to avoiding germs.

Our compact with the devil has come due.

For years the uber-wealthy have chased profit at the expense of security and self-reliance. Instead of making things domestically we've transferred nearly all means of production to areas with low wages and lax environmental laws. The impetus was nothing more than simple greed. And the average American didn't benefit a bit. Wages are stagnant and the middle class has been hollowed out. Meanwhile these globalists are more wealthy than ever, with wealth disparity nearing proportions not seen since before the Great Depression.

Now we are caught without even being able to produce simple test kits to test for a virus, not enough masks for hospital workers and a looming shortage of pharmaceuticals. We put our means of production into the hands of a country whose government ideology is diametrically opposite our own.

I tried for years to buck the trend and produce domestically but it became impossible. Most of the vendors simply closed shop. The ones that remained weren't competitive and all our competitors were building in China giving them a cost advantage. Reluctantly I followed suit. I've benefited personally I suppose.

I hope the global elite are happy with what they've created. They're probably all safe and sound in their bunkers in New Zealand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom