Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the fact that this thread has gotten way off topic, I really don’t understand all the “when are you going to wake up and realize this is a serious situation?” or “look at the numbers!” What does everyone expect everyone else to do? Other than isolation and hygiene, what should everyone do? Panic?

The data is there. If people are ignorant enough to ignore it, they will probably get the virus anyway just like everyone else. There’s really no stopping this from unfolding. We’re on a runaway train. It’s up to you whether or not you want to prepare for impact. Nature’s a bitch. Buckle up!

Other than the fact that this thread has gotten way off topic, I really don’t understand all the “when are you going to wake up and realize this is a serious situation?” or “look at the numbers!” What does everyone expect everyone else to do? Other than isolation and hygiene, what should everyone do? Panic?

The data is there. If people are ignorant enough to ignore it, they will probably get the virus anyway just like everyone else. There’s really no stopping this from unfolding. We’re on a runaway train. It’s up to you whether or not you want to prepare for impact. Nature’s a bitch. Buckle up!
People out there still think this isn’t happening. Some think there is actually no such thing as covid-19. Some think all the precaution is foolish and a waste.

it’s irritating.

Things move faster now in France : Bars and Restaurants and every business not related to essential furniture are closed
I think it's a good move

Theres so much going on with this.... but what and why? Its definitely a pandemic... theres definitely a virus... a tough one.... yet... if you get it, it will be like the flu, and you will be sick and recovery fine.. and get paid for your sick time off. The fear is for our parents... more so than the flu in the past... or a common flu?

The media is firing up the situation... in every country. If powerful men are involved... then all powerful men in every country is involved. It begins in China... during a time of trade wars....Russia engages in a War with shale oil.. or natural resources. I initially thought this was a economy attack for US political reasons during the election year, but it global. This is probably a global attack on economies. We have been in a global economic stress point for years, using economic powers to control countries.
World wars, and wars have usually occurred over economies Power is driven by economies. We have been winning the economic control...our economy have been growing quickly while the rest of the worlds world's economies have declined.
This would be a good transition for us... to understand what could become of the future.. if we entered into war....

Theres so much going on with this.... but what and why? Its definitely a pandemic... theres definitely a virus... a tough one.... yet... if you get it, it will be like the flu, and you will be sick and recovery fine.. and get paid for your sick time off. The fear is for our parents... more so than the flu in the past... or a common flu?

The media is firing up the situation... in every country. If powerful men are involved... then all powerful men in every country is involved. It begins in China... during a time of trade wars....Russia engages in a War with shale oil.. or natural resources. I initially thought this was a economy attack for US political reasons during the election year, but it global. This is probably a global attack on economies. We have been in a global economic stress point for years, using economic powers to control countries.
World wars, and wars have usually occurred over economies Power is driven by economies. We have been winning the economic control...our economy have been growing quickly while the rest of the worlds world's economies have declined.
This would be a good transition for us... to understand what could become of the future.. if we entered into war....

I think that there is no truly « safe age » when infected.
Young people can get severe illness and need ICU. And even die.
Never consider yourself safe when it comes to health.

Life is like running through a minefield as far as health is concerned.

My friend in France....who has it..... doctor told him... that at almost 8-9 days... you either begin to fight it off at its peak... or it gets worse.
scary stuff

I think people are going through phases of being intrigued, extremely concerned, paranoid, and then acceptance/burned out because there isn't much more we can do except try to be as hygienic as possible and do what you can to protect those you know who are vulnerable. I mean until we start doing mass quarantines like some counties are doing (Montgomery CO, PA for example) I guess we're at odds with the general public choosing to mingle for otherwise unessential trips to places where people gather.
We can blame whoever we want for this, but I think the goal is to try to minimize the spread as much as possible to those vulnerable until an effective vaccine and/or more effective and readily available treatments for the pneumonias that kill those susceptible.

I think that there is no truly « safe age » when infected.

I like to gamble when in Vegas, but that's about it.

From the CDC:
Early information out of China, where COVID-19 first started, shows that some people are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness.

The guy all over the TV the last couple days being interviewed while in a hospital bed and wearing oxygen looks to be about 30-40.
A bit overweight for sure but he didn't say anything about pre-existing conditions.

It's a crap shoot whether or not your lungs are full of fertile soil.

Last edited:
A study published in The New England Journal of Medicine showed that COVID-19 occurred in children in the early phase of the outbreak in Wuhan, causing moderate-to-severe respiratory illness. The onset of COVID-19 was detected in 6 patients between January 2, 2020, and January 8, 2020, and the patients were hospitalised between January 7 and January 13.

Common clinical characteristics included high fever (all 6 six patients), cough (all 6 patients), and vomiting (in 4 patients). Duration of fever was 3 to 11 days. Four children had pneumonia. Three patients showed patch shadows in both lungs, and 1 patient showed patch ground-glass opacities in both lungs.

Only 1 child was admitted to the paediatric intensive care unit and received pooled immune globulin from healthy donors. Duration of hospitalisation was 5 to 13 days. All children recovered after hospitalisation.

Source: dgalerts

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2003717

Last edited:
It's nice that Apple is closing its retail stores all over the world.

It's interesting. I was in one of our fancy mall's here, and all the Apple Employee's were standing outside of the store. You were not allowed in, but I think you could pick up items if you had ordered them online.

Just went grocery shopping - everything here in Portland is chill. Was in 3 different stores - shelves are full, people aren't cleaning out beans or whatever.
Was in Costco too, although they are out of paper products, the shelves were full and looked like they always do when we go there - and not really a ton of people there, in fact there was a little less than normal I would say.
Working from home the next week or so..

People out there still think this isn’t happening. Some think there is actually no such thing as covid-19. Some think all the precaution is foolish and a waste.

it’s irritating.

Who are these people. Please name them for us so that we can help them.

I have not come across anyone yet who thinks it isn’t happening, there’s no such thing or that precautions are foolish. So please let us know who these people are so that we can help them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom