Both the handles and the value wheel knob too long

reclavea

Fractal Fanatic
The handles are too long for an SKB studio rack case.

The value wheel is also a bit too long

Handles look like can come off. Can the value wheeI be replaced with a shorter knob?

With some SKB rotomolded cases, it’s not the handles. It’s the thickness of the bezel. On my root, I had to trim a bit of plastic from the lid to get it to fit.
^^^ I had to do this as well with my rotomold SKB lid. Just took the Dremel to it.

Ah. Yea, that's not designed to accomodate gear with larger front fascia and components. New rack time!

Actually like this one:

Amazon product ASIN B001LNO9PW
The front and back lid covers can pop out after removing the top lid
oh yeah that's a weird one. it's made almost specifically for "recording gear" that usually doesn't have any knobs on it, like presonus interfaces. yeah the lid barely has any room for anything unless it's flat. most SKB cases have a lid with some area in it for all sorts of rack gear. this one is a bit specialized.

I feel like you’re coming at this all wrong. Taking a hatchet to a $2000 device to fit a $200 case.

It’s closer to $400 new! Over $400 w/shipping.

Removing 4 screws and flipping the handle and changing the value wheel to a shorter one ...is not quite hatchet 🪓 work yet I would think 😊

Last edited:
I would maybe think about modding the lid of the $400 plastic holding shell to fit the $2,000 processor, not the other way around.

I’ll look into that ...but a shorter wheel knob and flipping the handles is not much of a significant mod I would think

Last edited:
They make recessed rack adapters to offset mount gear that would otherwise protrued. Sounds like you have enough depth for it.

It looks like my mods my do the trick! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I’ll post pics if I’m successful.

I was able to add a couple mounting rack ears in the back for my utility 1U rack panel as there is no mounting rack rails in the back.

Now to address the value wheel encoder knob and flip the handles....😬🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Back
Top Bottom