Anyone from the actual FM3 waitlist has received an invite yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tones2

Experienced
Are we still on the AX8 waitlist? I'm trying to sort through all the threads but hardly anyone is posting receiving one so hard to keep track of where the list is at.

Are we still on the AX8 waitlist? I'm trying to sort through all the threads but hardly anyone is posting receiving one so hard to keep track of where the list is at.

It's amazing how many people were waiting for the AX8. Goes to show how popular this company's products are!

Forum should light up when they start on that FM3 waitlist. You had to be a forum keener to be early on the FM3 list.

Yeah that's what everyone keeps saying, but I don't understand why the AX8 waitlisters wouldn't also be on the forum in similar percentages relative to the AX8 waitlist as the FM3 forum members are to the FM3 waitlist, whether those percentages are big or small. What's different about them?

Yeah that's what everyone keeps saying, but I don't understand why the AX8 waitlisters wouldn't also be on the forum in similar percentages relative to the AX8 waitlist as the FM3 forum members are to the FM3 waitlist, whether those percentages are big or small. What's different about them?

I'm no expert but I imagine the active forum community could be a very small representation of the actual Fractal Audio users out there.

AX8 was well known amongst guitarists everywhere, out there in force all over the internet and the physical world. Many artists using them, and guys would have heard of it from friends, other local bands, etc. Players deciding to buy one would end up going to the Fractal store to find they were out of stock, so they sent email to join the waitlist. No forum access needed for any of this so far.

But the FM3 was first announced ON the forum, so in those first early minutes and hours following announcement, many active forum-ites would have gotten on the wait list. Later on the rest of the internet would know, but not all guitarists are scouring the internet all the time for gear news., The physical world is only really starting to find out about it now that it's started shipping.

AX8 was well known amongst guitarists everywhere, out there in force all over the internet and the physical world. Many artists using them, and guys would have heard of it from friends, other local bands, etc. Players deciding to buy one would end up going to the Fractal store to find they were out of stock, so they sent email to join the waitlist. No forum access needed for any of this so far.

But the FM3 was first announced ON the forum, so in those first early minutes and hours following announcement, many active forum-ites would have gotten on the wait list. Later on the rest of the internet would know, but not all guitarists are scouring the internet all the time for gear news., The physical world is only really starting to find out about it now that it's started shipping.

Yep - now i get it! :)

Of the 10-ish people I know who uses Fractal Audio, I'm the only one who's a Forum Member. Even the guys who helped me when I went to pick up my Axe Fx III at my dealer's store in Mexico City where clueless about the forum (I talked for a few minutes with them about the upgrades, etc... Hell, even they where clueless when I mentioned this 'Cliff' guy... LOL) but sure thing, they are more than aware of the weight of the Fractal Audio Systems brand in the MI and only follow FAS thru social media.

I think you are most likely to turn to this forum when you get your first Fractal product and have your learning curve. Then you either leave and go on to playing music. Or you constantly search for the next thing that's going to make you better cause you're spending your time typing and not playing. Or realize this is pretty nice and knowledgeable group of people and occasionally hang out.

I'm the only person I know who's on this forum, and I know quite a few Fractal product users in my area. Most of them are still running firmware from years ago. Heck, I fixed my guitar teacher's FX8 buttons a few months ago and updated the firmware for him, it was still on the original version it had shipped with from the factory.

Some people even post a question to the forum and don’t come back for a month or more to see if anyone’s answered. Like... at least check in 30 minutes! Some of us joke that people have an issue, book a flight to another state, login at an Internet cafe and post about the problem saying they won’t be back to the gear for a few weeks... I mean that’s what it seems like sometimes!

Another FM3 thread for waiting? I'm biting... I sent my request on 4/23/2019 and no invites as of 3/5/2020, I'm lucky enough to still have a AX8 for anyone that cares or wondering but do not own a ii or iii, I want it all on floor :cool:

No. It's someone wondering if anyone on the FM3 list has reported getting one
and using the Fractal forum as a source to try and find out.

Keep in mind that there are two separate FM3 lists: the one before the announcement and the much, much larger one after the announcement.

Keep in mind that there are two separate FM3 lists: the one before the announcement and the much, much larger one after the announcement.
There aren’t two lists. The list just started before the announcement (Ax8 and what not). So even if you were the first to get on the waitlist after it was announced, there was already a bunch of people in front of you.

It’s pretty simple.

There aren’t two lists. The list just started before the announcement (Ax8 and what not). So even if you were the first to get on the waitlist after it was announced, there was already a bunch of people in front of you.

It’s pretty simple.

The same would also apply to the AX8 list, which was collapsed into the FM3 list. They are working from one list, but that list is comprised of three distinct groups of people separated chronologically.

So when @Donnie B. says "anyone on the FM3 list", he's not referring to people from the now-defunct AX8 list, nor is he referring to the pre-announcement FM3 list.

Honestly, the simplest question (the answer of which would cut through all of this confusion) that I think is on a lot of people's minds is: Are we at April 23rd yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom