FM3 Now Shipping

it's beyond amazing to me the amount of off-topic speculation, bickering, theorizing and 'when when when?!?!' that occurs in a thread simply titled 'FM3 Now Shipping'. it's 30 pages in here, and an incredibly small percentage of these have anything to do with shipping - it's mostly complaining, whining and wondering. do any of you read the things you type before posting here?

cripes - go practice your guitar or something. there's a list, they're getting through it. I'm on the list too. I follow this thread because of its title, but holy moly do you guys know how to cry about a piece of gear that they're doing their best to get out.

you'll get your notification when you get it. go outside and play for awhile.

thread simply titled 'FM3 Now Shipping'. it's 30 pages in here, and an incredibly small percentage of these have anything to do with shipping - it's mostly complaining, whining and wondering.
But all of this complaining, whining and wondering is ABOUT SHIPPING.
It's definitely not off topic. However, it's a bit annoying on how impatient and not trusting many of yall are.
yes, the FM3 units are still shipping. You'll get yours sometime this year. Chill.

The kvetching is annoying and nonconstructive but understandable. People are excited about the product, that's a good thing yeah?
What a great time to be into electric guitar.

They are likely out. Cliff hasn't posted invites sent since Tuesday right?
Cliff isn’t posting invites. Matt is. He is not posting “I’m doing my job” every day anymore, just doing it. Any major announcements aside from that he’s been letting us know.

They are likely out. Cliff hasn't posted invites sent since Tuesday right?
Cliff does not do the invitations.
Also, Fractal doesn't have to report here every time they do their job.
Invites are sent every workday unless stated otherwise. That's all you gotta know.

I wish folks here who are fine with no information would stop berating folks who are more curious about progress.

Instead of making posts complaining about other members, maybe YOU should be following Zappa's advice.
Especially beta testers, who have had an FM3 to mess with while others have been waiting.

Last edited:
I wish folks here who are fine with no information would stop berating folks who are more curious about progress.

Instead of making posts complaining about other members, maybe YOU should be following Zappa's advice.
Especially beta testers, who have had an FM3 to mess with while others have been waiting.

Valid point.

I am... I am not on a forum complaining about anything... I'm sitting here waiting for mine like the rest of the more silent ones... waiting... practicing... enjoying life... it's less stressful for all of us... ;-). And there's no berating anyone... just simply putting things in perspective... it's a desired product... it's not essential for living your life... just relax and be patient... all the conjecture, assumptions, and insinuation about a company that has always been above board in every aspect, gives you FREE updates, support, insight and tips from man with all the epiphanies, is unnecessary...

Everyone is waiting... no-one is getting it when it's not their turn... and everyone will eventually get theirs that want it...

And there's no berating anyone...

There's no whining either. But it doesn't stop people from accusing those asking for simple information of being whiners.
Everyone is waiting THEIR OWN WAY. People who don't mind being in the dark should respect those who do mind, instead
of hurling insults.

No-one is being left in the dark... Matt and Cliff have chimed in many times, and given updates, a couple of them in detail... Matt has stated many times that invites go out daily... just because he doesn't make a daily post that they went out, doesn't mean they didn't go out... they do. They've stated that when the current stock of units without a headphone jack is out of stock, everyone will have to wait till the new units are available for shipping... coronavirus has slower or stopped much of the electronics coming from China... nothing anyone can do about it. Don't know what more can be said...? There were no "insults hurled" and my post was not posted for your personally... calm down.

To the earlier discussion about protecting firmware, there was the big situation in the last couple years where Mooer was taken to court not just for reverse engineering some of Eletro-Harmonix's firmware for their pedals, but even literally copying the source including the copyright comments stating Eletro-Harmonix, and putting that into their other products. The cost of producing a clone also isn't as high as you think when you're already the factory producing the original. Given these facts, I think it's fair to keep some of the "secret sauce" under close watch.

But also, there's a good chance that a part of their QA process might involve some test firmware images that do some self-testing. Or just that they want to keep some manual control on the flow of new units in case there are any firmware issues that come up and need to be patched, or worse, replaces after bricking a unit.

I'm pretty far down the pre-order list, so mostly I'm just here to chew popcorn and enjoy the show :tonguewink:

Back
Top Bottom