Reading block definitions every time?

greiswig

Power User
I’m on firmware 12.03, and the other day updated to the most recent AxeEdit. Ever since that update, every time I fire up AE, it goes through the block definitions read as though it is brand new firmware or software again. Every time.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Someone else posted about similar behavior recently but I don't remember the specifics as far as FW version and Axe-Edit version...

It does for me with the latest and previous versions. Thought, this would be normal procedure to check any changes.

If you're on a Mac make sure ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III exists and can be written by Axe-Edit III. The file ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III effectDefinitions_10.cache should exist. That's where Axe-Edit III stores the cached block definitions.

If you're on a Mac make sure ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III exists and can be written by Axe-Edit III. The file ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III effectDefinitions_10.cache should exist. That's where Axe-Edit III stores the cached block definitions.
This also happens to me, but not every time, and I haven’t changed any file paths on my Mac. I’ll check though

I'm on a iMac and mines doing it I do not have the said flowers mentioned above. how do I get them. lol.

Yep, same here 12.03 with AE 10.05.04 (Win 7). Happens even if AE has been running and USB gets disconnected/reconnected.

Reinstalling didn’t work. I still don’t have those folders. Can I just make them ? If so how?

This behavior is back for me with 13.03 firmware and AxeEdit 1.06.10. I have verified that the above folders and cache file are on my machine in those locations. I've uninstalled and reinstalled AxeEdit. Still doing it every time I either open AxeEdit or I restart the AxeFX. Any ideas?

This behavior is back for me with 13.03 firmware and AxeEdit 1.06.10. I have verified that the above folders and cache file are on my machine in those locations. I've uninstalled and reinstalled AxeEdit. Still doing it every time I either open AxeEdit or I restart the AxeFX. Any ideas?
Delete the .cache files?

OK, I did try that. First time I fired it up, it read all block definitions.

Second time onward, it no longer reads all block definitions, but it is still reading all the preset names and cabinet names. Is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom