FM3 headphones jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1LSDino

I'm hearing the first batch of FM3's being sold/distributed have no headphone jack. Can we get a confirmation from Fractal Audio on this, and if the unit can be upgraded to the headphone jack spec? Thx

Units from the first production run of FM3 have no headphones jack or circuitry. These units are functionally identical in every other way to later production units with a headphones jack (expected April, 2020). To reduce the wait for the many customers who don't care about this feature, we decided to offer these units at a reduced price rather than partially scrapping them ($949 vs 999). There would be no way to upgrade.

The positive take on this is that those who don't want this feature can get a unit sooner; those who do want this feature will have fewer people in line in front of them.

I'd just get one now. Not a dealbreaker. I can't remember the last time I plugged in my headphones. I hope everyone in front of me in line has to have a headphone jack!
I think most of the repeat FAS customers feel that way.. HOWEVER, people new to the FAS camp have a lot of choices right now as far as compact effects processors/amp modelers WITH a headphone jack and self-admittedly only being a bedroom/basement rocker, I really like the option of plugging in to practice quietly without having to buy something like this to accomplish that... amp.png

I think most of the repeat FAS customers feel that way.. HOWEVER, people new to the FAS camp have a lot of choices right now as far as compact effects processors/amp modelers WITH a headphone jack and self-admittedly only being a bedroom/basement rocker, I really like the option of plugging in to practice quietly without having to buy something like this to accomplish that... View attachment 63699
you don't need to spend over $100 to use headphones.

Units from the first production run of FM3 have no headphones jack or circuitry. These units are functionally identical in every other way to later production units with a headphones jack (expected April, 2020). To reduce the wait for the many customers who don't care about this feature, we decided to offer these units at a reduced price rather than partially scrapping them ($949 vs 999). There would be no way to upgrade.

The positive take on this is that those who don't want this feature can get a unit sooner; those who do want this feature will have fewer people in line in front of them.

I wonder if it would expedite Fractal's process if those of us on the waitlist who are going to wait for headphone jack FM3 let them know so they wouldn't have to e-mail us and wait for response.

Of course not.. You don't need to spend over $599 to model amps or effects either.. But, if you want quality.. Point taken either way on both sides of that coin..
it's just an example that's exaggerated to make a point seem worse. you definitely don't need that to make headphones sound "quality."

IMO this is not about the necessity or convenience of having a headphone out on a device like The FM3. I think that if in April 2019 the product have been announced without that feature, not many potential customers would have restrained from registering in the waitlist.

We’ve been waiting for months and I know our “entitlement” has upset some forum mates and maybe some FAS team members. I mean this with no disrespect or with any will of create a bad atmosphere... but the way we are hearing about this first run specifications is just not compatible with what I believe is a great customer and product support as evidenced here on the forum. This will only lead to speculations about if the reasons of the delay were just software related.

Sad this happened this way. I’m sure in a few months all this will be anecdotal and many will be enjoying their fm3s.

Sorry if my ideas don’t came clear as I’m not an english native speaker.

it's just an example that's exaggerated to make a point seem worse. you definitely don't need that to make headphones sound "quality."
Agreed 100%. But, it is a valid concern/point of contention for many of us. Even those who have waited patiently on the sidelines and defended FAS for the constant "soon" and "bug squashing" have definitely been let down and if you read selected forum members on here you can see a tone change from hopeful/enthusiastic/elated to now subtle discontent... An explanation should be put forth.. I'm not gonna say it is "owed" either, because I'm sure Cliff is beyond frustrated and feels like he can't win either way.. Sh!t happens.. FAS still has industry wide respect and support and will continue to recruit new fans and innovate, but this has not helped in that endeavor.. At least on the face of it, or within the social media/forum community...

Sigh, so for us European users the FM3 with headphone jack will probably be delivered arround christmas 2020??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom