Cross-Compatible Presets!

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
It is also cross-compatible: FM3- Edit not only delivers everything you’ve come to expect from our best-in-class software, but even converts Axe-Fx III presets for the FM3 (and vice versa).

This is AMAZING and will pay dividends for years! Finally, users of either hardware can share presets! Would love details though.. if you try to convert an Axe-FX III preset with 2 amp blocks, or some other loaded preset that can't run on FM3, will it simply fail or do you have the ability to convert individual blocks or strip out excess FX blocks until it fits on FM3?

Here's what @Ole found

Q: Can I load my presets from the Axe-Fx III into the FM3 (or vice versa)?
A: Yes! Axe-Edit and FM3 Edit have both been updated for cross compatibility. The FM3 will do its best to interpret larger Axe-Fx III presets but you should always check the results.
� The top 4 rows and first 12 columns of an Axe-Fx III preset are imported first. This aligns the top-left of the FM3 grid with the Axe-Fx III grid. Any incompatible block will be replaced by a shunt.
� Blocks in rows 5 and 6 as well as columns 13 and 14 of the Axe-Fx III preset are added to the first available spaces of the FM3 preset. Incompatible blocks will not be imported.
� When converting an Axe-Fx III preset to an FM3 preset it is possible to have more blocks than the CPU can handle. If this happens, the FM3 device will display a blinking red banner in the top-left of the HOME screen that reads “CPU Limit - Muted”. The FM3 will stop processing audio but allow you to delete and/or reconfigure the blocks as needed.
� In regards to the CAB block, an Axe-Fx III preset that has bank USER 2 selected will be changed to USER 1 as the FM3 does not have a User 2 bank. Also note, that only “Cab 1” and “Cab 2” selections from the Axe- Fx III preset will be imported as the FM3 only has two selectable cabinets.

Here's what @Ole found

A: Yes! Axe-Edit and FM3 Edit have both been updated for cross compatibility. The FM3 will do its best to interpret larger Axe-Fx III presets but you should always check the results.
� The top 4 rows and first 12 columns of an Axe-Fx III preset are imported first. This aligns the top-left of the FM3 grid with the Axe-Fx III grid. Any incompatible block will be replaced by a shunt.
� Blocks in rows 5 and 6 as well as columns 13 and 14 of the Axe-Fx III preset are added to the first available spaces of the FM3 preset. Incompatible blocks will not be imported.
� When converting an Axe-Fx III preset to an FM3 preset it is possible to have more blocks than the CPU can handle. If this happens, the FM3 device will display a blinking red banner in the top-left of the HOME screen that reads “CPU Limit - Muted”. The FM3 will stop processing audio but allow you to delete and/or reconfigure the blocks as needed.
� In regards to the CAB block, an Axe-Fx III preset that has bank USER 2 selected will be changed to USER 1 as the FM3 does not have a User 2 bank. Also note, that only “Cab 1” and “Cab 2” selections from the Axe- Fx III preset will be imported as the FM3 only has two selectable cabinets.
Yes it's in the manual

Here's what @Ole found

I already tested this with my Axe Fx 3. I was able to load the FM3 presets.
They work just fine.

I already tested this with my Axe Fx 3. I was able to load the FM3 presets.
They work just fine.
So how'd you load FM3 presets into the AxeFxIII? I'm getting a message they're not compatible. Never mind, I got it, had to use AE browser

Last edited:
This is solid! I only have the AX8 but I imagine the cross compatibility between the III and FM3 makes studio work to live use less complicated now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom