CPU Usage, Safe limits and Longevity

85% is my limit (3 drives, 2pitch, 2 chorus, 2 phaser 4 delays, a Plex verb and detune delay and the new Deluxe reverb, plus another room verb, along with a massive flang along with 2 tremolos (harmonic pannining at 400% in Quadraphonic Surround Sound!!! - Mind blowing killer Effect) all using 4 continuous controllers (foot)) and scene controllers.

can’t confirm the odd cpu artifacts ... will kill axe adit though ... it’s a bummer but 98% of my presets are at 65% and rock/fly!

@amankhosla The only thing that would harm a modern dsp/cpu like in the Axe FX is heat and probably an EMP.
The thermal limit on the keystone dsp is like 95C without a heatsink in industrial applications, since it has good power management. Since Axe FX has a decent heatsink and a fan, I doubt it ever gets over 75C at maximum load and they have thermal protection.

And @sprint re your dual amp issue...not sure what’s going on there but I tried your patch and it’s like someone’s making popcorn. Has this happened to you with other patches?

My dual amp situation is completely fine and I’ve never had an issue like this...
Thanks for confirming this - much appreciated as your test confirms my unit is not having an issue.

I think this also confirms that the amp side cpu can be red lined with some dual amp preset configurations. This will not be reflected in the current cpu metering.

I'd post the suggestion in the Wish section. If enough people want it they might add it.

It's already there but I would say unlikely to be implemented as not many seem to be running into this issue in their presets. Since this showed up I'm moving away (sadly) from dual amp presets with lots of modifiers.

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone for clarifying and confirming...as for the @sprint artifact mystery, I suppose it’s the modifiers in there? Hope you get to the bottom of this one...dual amp setups can be great and I’m using one just fine

Back
Top Bottom